The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Applying for two Economics courses

Hello,

I think I may apply to Warwick this year, but I can not decide between Economics and Economics, Politics, and International Studies.
Apparently, it seems that I can apply for those 2 courses to Warwick.
However, does applying for 2 courses have an negative impact on their decision?
I also read that the University may just offer me a place for only one course.
So I really do not know whether it is a good idea or not - would it show enthusiasm at all? -

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You should be fine. I applied for both Maths and Economics and MMORSE at Warwick, and got offers for both.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Meh..:ditto:
Same as above:yes:
I also applied for MMORSE but also Economics + Economic History
And also got offers... MMORSE offer was pretty harsh :frown: The Econ + Econ Hist wasn't bad though
Reply 3
Stricof
Meh..:ditto:
Same as above:yes:
I also applied for MMORSE and Maths + Economics
And also got offers..

:five:

You deferred entry, then?
Reply 4
NO, go for it!
double your chances! Economics :thumbsup:
JessicaW
:five:

You deferred entry, then?
Of course :awesome:
You too? :five:
Actually, I went up to Cambridge a few weeks ago for an Open day (for the weekend...I have a lot of time on my hands now :p:) and they allocated me to Trinity....I liked ... :gah:
So I was like... hmm...Should I give it a shot..
Reply 6
Chrrye
NO, go for it!
double your chances! Economics :thumbsup:

For Economics and Eco+Politics+International studies, will the admission tutors be from the same departement?
Will Warwick be aware that I will be applying for 2 courses? I heard it would show I am not totally focused on one specific subject
Reply 7
Stricof
Of course :awesome:
You too? :five:
Actually, I went up to Cambridge a few weeks ago for an Open day (for the weekend...I have a lot of time on my hands now :p:) and they allocated me to Trinity....I liked ... :gah:
So I was like... hmm...Should I give it a shot..

I did! :h:

LOL! Do it :teeth:
césaire
For Economics and Eco+Politics+International studies, will the admission tutors be from the same departement?
Will Warwick be aware that I will be applying for 2 courses? I heard it would show I am not totally focused on one specific subject

My Personal statement was focused pretty much on Two different subjects whilst giving nasty hints at maths..So perhaps a Major in Econ and history and a minor in Maths. But As long as you prove committmenet, you shouldn't be too worried.
Besides, if you are applying for joint courses, it won't be very in depth I'd think anyway - only allowed 4000 characters in 47 lines (incl spaces and paragraphs)
JessicaW
I did! :h:

LOL! Do it :teeth:
Awesome cakes :h:
Lol...Ya...I'm quite sure I fulfil their prerequisites...spoken and unspoken ones :p:
Interviewer: Ah, so you chose Trinity; excellent choice. Any particular reason why?
Me: Well I liked the college overall you know; but the thing that really brought me over were the ducks at the back of the college :p: Wadham could never replace that :awesome:
Reply 9
césaire

Possibly same admission tutors. Phone them up and ask their opinion?

Even if this were the case it also shows you really want to go to Warwick so I dont think it will disadvantage you!
If you like both and would be very happy to study either then definitely go for it!
Reply 10
Stricof
Awesome cakes :h:
Lol...Ya...I'm quite sure I fulfil their prerequisites...spoken and unspoken ones :p:
Interviewer: Ah, so you chose Trinity; excellent choice. Any particular reason why?
Me: Well I liked the college overall you know; but the thing that really brought me over were the ducks at the back of the college :p: Wadham could never replace that :awesome:

Ahahaha. Fair enough. :rofl2:

I know someone who's going to Wadham this year, actually. :moon:
JessicaW
Ahahaha. Fair enough. :rofl2:

I know someone who's going to Wadham this year, actually. :moon:
Good times! Except I'm the only one in my college doing my course :frown: ...Well I know that because only 9-11 people do my course in the whole uni :p:
But I thought you were going to uni this year :frown:? In any case - GAP plans?
Reply 12
Stricof
Good times! Except I'm the only one in my college doing my course :frown: ...Well I know that because only 9-11 people do my course in the whole uni :p:
But I thought you were going to uni this year :frown:? In any case - GAP plans?

Haha. At least you'll be a close-knit group, then. :moon:

Yeah, I was supposed to up until about two weeks ago, and then I deferred cos of illness. :frown: I don't really have any yetttt. I was thinking some language courses and then maybe going travelling when I'm feeling a bit better. You?
JessicaW
Haha. At least you'll be a close-knit group, then. :moon:

Yeah, I was supposed to up until about two weeks ago, and then I deferred cos of illness. :frown: I don't really have any yetttt. I was thinking some language courses and then maybe going travelling when I'm feeling a bit better. You?

Thats very lucky and rather sweet of them to allow deference :smile: The pro of a big college...always space eh :rolleyes:
Not many plans...I went to college and asked if I could pick up another two subjects...and I may self study Add F.Maths if I can be ******. The British record for number of A levels done is currently 10.5 or 11... :p: Sounds like a plan :laugh:
Also, I got a job :woo: and I'm currently studying for SAT. Meh...I like exams :frown:
Reply 14
Stricof
Thats very lucky and rather sweet of them to allow deference :smile: The pro of a big college...always space eh :rolleyes:
Not many plans...I went to college and asked if I could pick up another two subjects...and I may self study Add F.Maths if I can be ******. The British record for number of A levels done is currently 10.5 or 11... :p: Sounds like a plan :laugh:
Also, I got a job :woo: and I'm currently studying for SAT. Meh...I like exams :frown:

Yeah, it was incredibly nice of them!

I think you should do add f.maths! I'm thinking of doing the 3 maths modules I haven't yet done.

I think this one guy did 23, actually. Good luck topping that. :p:

Ooh, I did the SATs when I was 15. When are you taking it?

Sounds like you're keeping busy, at any rate. All I've done since people left is spend my days watching movies. :nothing:
JessicaW
Yeah, it was incredibly nice of them!
I think you should do add f.maths! I'm thinking of doing the 3 maths modules I haven't yet done.
I think this one guy did 23, actually. Good luck topping that.
Ooh, I did the SATs when I was 15. When are you taking it?
Sounds like you're keeping busy, at any rate. All I've done since people left is spend my days watching movies.
Yeah but he was from Pakistan anyway...He doesn't count; they're all genius :biggrin: But meh...britishy record was about 11. Which modules? M4, M5 and S4? If I did additional, i'd have to do S1-4 and D1-2.
Oh and movies...omg lol...i got my self an annual movie pass to cineworld :drool: Unlimited cinema movies for £13 a month :woo:
Reply 16
Stricof
Yeah but he was from Pakistan anyway...He doesn't count; they're all genius :biggrin: But meh...britishy record was about 11. Which modules? M4, M5 and S4? If I did additional, i'd have to do S1-4 and D1-2.
Oh and movies...omg lol...i got my self an annual movie pass to cineworld :drool: Unlimited cinema movies for £13 a month :woo:
I'm doing SAT I in 2 weeks (I think) and SAT II in November How did you fair?

LOL. They are not.

Nahh, I did up to M5 last year. :love: It'd be D2, S3 and S4.

Ooh, nice. How does that work, then? You can go to the cinema all you want for £13 a month?
JessicaW
LOL. They are not.
Nahh, I did up to M5 last year. It'd be D2, S3 and S4.
Ooh, nice. How does that work, then? You can go to the cinema all you want for £13 a month?
Ah me too...M5...very hardcore :love:
Indeed - any film, any day, any time and at any Cineworld
Clicky
Reply 18
Stricof
Ah me too...M5...very hardcore :love:
Indeed - any film, any day, any time and at any Cineworld
Clicky

Ahh, nice! I got 2030 overall. Might do it again at some point.

Aww, lame. My nearest one is 14 miles away. :frown: Shame, cos it's a good deal. I wonder if my local one does anything similar. :holmes:
JessicaW
Ahh, nice! I got 2030 overall. Might do it again at some point.

Aww, lame. My nearest one is 14 miles away. :frown: Shame, cos it's a good deal. I wonder if my local one does anything similar.
Odeon .... ? I hear they do some premier club thing. Not sure if it's as good. But Yeah my cineworld is about 12 miles away...but I can take the train (which takes 10mins) and then ta da! 30 min trip to the cinema overall :yep:
2030 :gah: Genius score...and taken some time ago too :yep:

Latest