The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Advice on meeting girls at DMU without going clubbing?

Hi,

I know this is a bit of an odd request but I'm studying part-time at DMU (city campus) and being a part-time postgrad (26) who travels to uni once a week or so, I'm not part of the clubbing scene. I'm not really into clubbing and getting drunk anyway - nothing against it, I'm just a bit quiet and shy for it really. More a wallflower type.

Anyway, being at uni sometimes, and being a single 20-something hetro man, I can't help noticing how beautiful seemingly every woman on campus is. I keep smiling at girls in the library and cafes but I'm not really getting anywhere - I don't have the nerve to go and try to strike up a conversation, and wouldn't it seem a bit dodgy? So I wondered if anyone had any tips for meeting someone during the daytime for some fun? I guess it's easy to 'hook up' if you're out partying, but I'm looking for something more discreet and respectful than a drunken shag.

Here's the deal anyway, I'm a nice, quiet, fairly inexperienced guy. I'm not 'one of the lads', I'm not a 'dog' or skirt-chaser, but I do have desires like anyone else. I'm wondering how I could meet a nice girl who's interested in something no-strings attached, just nice, caring, and casual. Are there any other DMU student forums or papers where i could place a personal ad or something like that? I haven't done anything like this before and could use some advice.

Thanks for reading.
Reply 1
Just join societies or sports clubs.
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Join the gym or something on campus. Or just start talking to one of the girls in a lecture or something.
Go to 'The Graduate'? :dontknow: I may be being an idiot, but I thought that place was for PGs?
Reply 4
^ Lol The Graduate is for everybody! I love it in there, great drinks offers :biggrin:

Urm maybe chat to some people on your course? Or join a society seems the best way? People at DMU are pretty friendly I find and will talk back if you randomly talk to someone on campus (not that I do this regularly lol I do journalism and often going around campus trying to find stories hehe).
Reply 5
Go to the Leicester uni anime club. There's crap loads of girls there o.O

I miss being outnumbred 10-1 by guys like I was last time I went. *sigh*

Latest

Trending

Trending