The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Starting to feeling pain not being with a boyfriend (i'm male)

I am at DMU and a fresher, I am gay but I havn't been with a guy at all, it is starting to make me feel bad and would like to meet someone up soon as I would like to be with someone.
I do not know what to do as I am not attractive and suffer confidenice issues (and please don't say something like, oh all you need is some more confidenice), I also suffered a lot of homophobic and general bullying before sixth form and this has had a knock on affect with my sexually so I don't feel that much sexual at all. However my affectional feeling have not suffered and would like to love someone and be loved.

Any advice on getting a boyfriend.

P.S. I am not into camp guys and just want to be with someone normal.
Reply 1
SFsucks
I am at DMU and a fresher, I am gay but I havn't been with a guy at all, it is starting to make me feel bad and would like to meet someone up soon as I would like to be with someone.
I do not know what to do as I am not attractive and suffer confidenice issues (and please don't say something like, oh all you need is some more confidenice), I also suffered a lot of homophobic and general bullying before sixth form and this has had a knock on affect with my sexually so I don't feel that much sexual at all. However my affectional feeling have not suffered and would like to love someone and be loved.

Any advice on getting a boyfriend.

P.S. I am not into camp guys and just want to be with someone normal.

Hiya,
Well first of all there are very few people out there with no potential to be attractive. Sounds to me like you just have a bad body image, like you said. I'm sure you are attractive and have something about you other guys will find attractive. Confidence is the issue really because you're holding back and it's stopping you from finding someone.

I can understand how you'd feel, though. Have you tried making yourself feel better by sorting the things you dislike about yourself?

It's better to try and accept yourself for who you are, however certain things are better off improved. For example if a person is really over weight they should try and lose weight for health reasons and it would probably improve their body image! But there is no point dwelling over something you can't change, e.g I hate my nose but i'm not about to go under the knife over it. :smile: Finding confidence and the right person will improve your sex drive and general outlook on things. It just takes the right person to make you happy and encourage you, but you have to try and sort this out first so you can actually get with someone or even make new friends who feel the same and can help you meet other gay guys.

Have you tried joining the LGBT club at uni?
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Jinxy
Hiya,
Well first of all there are very few people out there with no potential to be attractive. Sounds to me like you just have a bad body image, like you said. I'm sure you are attractive and have something about you other guys will find attractive. Confidence is the issue really because you're holding back and it's stopping you from finding someone.

I can understand how you'd feel, though. Have you tried making yourself feel better by sorting the things you dislike about yourself?

It's better to try and accept yourself for who you are, however certain things are better off improved. For example if a person is really over weight they should try and lose weight for health reasons and it would probably improve their body image! But there is no point dwelling over something you can't change, e.g I hate my nose but i'm not about to go under the knife over it. :smile: Finding confidence and the right person will improve your sex drive and general outlook on things. It just takes the right person to make you happy and encourage you, but you have to try and sort this out first so you can actually get with someone or even make new friends who feel the same and can help you meet other gay guys.

Have you tried joining the LGBT club at uni?

I thought about it but don't think I will fit in as I am not socially gay, just what I feel inside... I come off as stright to people.
Reply 3
SFsucks
I thought about it but don't think I will fit in as I am not socially gay, just what I feel inside... I come off as stright to people.

You should stop stereotyping gay people. I'm gay (partly) and no one would suspect that of me. I know a few gay men who you would never think are gay. There will be plenty of people like you there, i'm sure. Uni is the place where a lot of people choose to come out and find someone, so there will be people in the same boat you can get to know.

Latest

Trending

Trending