The Student Room Group

Ayone know anything about this?

I am a GCSE studentwho is intending to start study for AS levels this September. I use Microsoft office for a variety of purposes, but over the last few days I have been experiencing many problems with the software. Whenever I try to open an application such as Word, Ireceieve an error message asking if I would like to open it is safe mode. I do this, but I am unable to save my work,so I have got the software on several occasions to recover my documents and restart word, but it has failed to do both of these tasks successfully. I have sent an error report to the Microsoft website,but all it says is that I might need to add an ''Office Update'' despite doing nothing of this nature in previous years.

If anyone is able to suggest anything useful, I really would appreciate it.

Many thanks
Reply 1
Just do the Office Update. And the bugs should be fixed. Your computer might have changed slightly over the pass few months so therefore its causing it to not work.
Reply 2
Yeah do the update, go to www.microsoft.com and there should be some sort of update/ check for updates there.
Reply 3
I never update Office, and it still works fine. In addition, I have no error messages. Go to this website for updates: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdate/default.aspx (click on the 'check for updates' link near the top).
Reply 4
Many thanks for all your advice. After reapiring Office, the problem is now resolved.
Reply 5
shauncouldstone
Many thanks for all your advice. After reapiring Office, the problem is now resolved.

Cool. I didn't even have Office updates, and the Office products didn't have any problems. I find that quite strange. :confused:
Reply 6
reinstall it and choose repair option

Latest

Trending

Trending