The Student Room Group

Can I get into actuarial profession with a Music degree...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by munn

I am now about 90% of the way through my CT6 blitz.
Can I do this??
If the pass mark is sufficiently low then maybe just maybe (exam is tomorrow).

I haven't actually looked at any past papers yet mind... but I have tackled the Exam-Style questions at the end of each chapter (mostly) OK
Good luck with it. I reckon they're going to be anal with incorporating inflation somewhere (let's hope it's nothing more than inf-adj triangles!).
Reply 1581
boooooooo don't say things like that.
I'm hoping for lots of equations saying "prove that" or "show that" because I keep making loads of mistakes when solving questions (missing a 2 somewhere etc) but at least with the above type of questions I'm working towards a goal and can go back and see where I've made a mistake.

LET'S DO THIS
Reply 1582
Original post by munn
what about being a sexy racy sexist racist?

I keep trying to rep you but apparently I do it all the time so I'm not allowed.

Good luck today! CT4 tomorrow is not going to go well. I decided to stay at home to study today and then the maintenance guy turned up and is, as I type this, pickaxing the concrete outside my door/windows. Of course this would happen.

It's okay, I've been reading poems about ducks to make myself feel better.

From troubles of the world I turn to ducks,
Beautiful comical things
Sleeping or curled
Their heads beneath white wings
By water cool,
Or finding curious things
To eat in various mucks
Beneath the pool,
Tails uppermost, or waddling
Sailor-like on the shores
Of ponds, or paddling
- Left! Right! - with fanlike feet
Which are for steady oars
When they (white galleys) float
Each bird a boat
Rippling at will the sweet
Wide waterway…

By barn and stable and stack
They wander at their will,
But if you go too near
They look at you through black
Small topaz-tinted eyes
And wish you ill.
Triangular and clear
They leave their curious track
In mud at the water's edge,
And there amid the sedge
And slime they gobble and peer
Saying 'Quack! quack!'
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1583
Negged twice for mentioning the normal distribution in a thread :ashamed2:
Reply 1584
Original post by Jelkin
Negged twice for mentioning the normal distribution in a thread :ashamed2:

I make it 3.:colone:
Reply 1585
Original post by jj193
I make it 3.:colone:

Do you mean you were the one to make it three, or that you have noticed that it is now three independent of your actions?

You'd get marks for such an observation in an exam :cry: Such a tragic day.
Reply 1586
well that went about as well as I expected it to

at least I know what I'm sitting in September eh
Reply 1587
Original post by munn
well that went about as well as I expected it to

at least I know what I'm sitting in September eh

Not a fan of the paper then?

1 to go. Bring it CT4. I refuse to study you now whatever you do...

Edit- also, wtf happened to TSR? Changes again?!
Reply 1588
the paper was fine to be honest, just my lack of preparation stopped me (6 days of solid studying just doesn't cut it).
I felt like I SHOULD know how to answer the questions, I just... couldn't
I reckon 2-3 more days would have been enough to look at some past papers, just not good enough from me
Reply 1589
Original post by munn
the paper was fine to be honest, just my lack of preparation stopped me (6 days of solid studying just doesn't cut it).
I felt like I SHOULD know how to answer the questions, I just... couldn't
I reckon 2-3 more days would have been enough to look at some past papers, just not good enough from me

:frown: Not sure what to say, but ... when I came out of CT6 I thought I'd get an FC or FD, and I got an FA, so ... you never know? Not sure if that's encouraging.

Either way, I'll be sitting CT6 in September, so you'll have a CT6 buddy if you do retake.

CT4 is not going well. I've had an entire week and I just haven't been studying very intensively because I can't be bothered anymore! I'll change my tune when I have to pay £200 to re-sit.
Reply 1590
Original post by Slumpy
Not a fan of the paper then?

1 to go. Bring it CT4. I refuse to study you now whatever you do...

Edit- also, wtf happened to TSR? Changes again?!

Solidarity, man. I was about to say, "I hope you know more than I do," but then I remembered that if you did it would probably make the pass mark higher ... so I won't say anything.

Earlier I made a huge dish of pasta bake with the intention of saving half for lunch tomorrow, but then I ate it all. Then I ate a huge bar of Dairy Milk. If my hands are simply too fat to write the exam, no one can claim I'm stupid.
Reply 1591
Original post by Jelkin
Solidarity, man. I was about to say, "I hope you know more than I do," but then I remembered that if you did it would probably make the pass mark higher ... so I won't say anything.

Earlier I made a huge dish of pasta bake with the intention of saving half for lunch tomorrow, but then I ate it all. Then I ate a huge bar of Dairy Milk. If my hands are simply too fat to write the exam, no one can claim I'm stupid.

Well, I'm genuinely going to look at flashcards or something soon. Honest. I mean, the football's just started, and I'll need to eat after that...but as soon as that's done, I will do some things!

I'm quite jealous. I wanted a fry up this morning (was in work studying), but eggs and stuff were all finished so I couldn't do it. And I might not be able to get the macdonalds breakfast I promised myself tomorrow because I'm waiting for stuff to arrive:frown:
Original post by JohnnySPal
As for not going out, STOP BEING RUBBISH AND GO GET DRUNK YOU RUBBISH MAN.

Original post by Slumpy

And I echo the above - get on the beers, son!

Whatevs! I don't drink but I was in the pub from straight after the exams until about 6. I had a great night in after that though :sexface:

Hope you guys aren't suffering too much. Argh, CT4 is tomorrow! Hope you guys get a nice paper!!!

My SA3 paper has become infamous in the office already, all the partners and higher ups were genuinely like wtf?!? I got to the point where if someone would come up to say hi I would interrupt and be like 'don't bother talking to me if you're just going to ask me about the exam'
Reply 1593
Original post by shamika
Whatevs! I don't drink but I was in the pub from straight after the exams until about 6. I had a great night in after that though :sexface:

Hope you guys aren't suffering too much. Argh, CT4 is tomorrow! Hope you guys get a nice paper!!!

My SA3 paper has become infamous in the office already, all the partners and higher ups were genuinely like wtf?!? I got to the point where if someone would come up to say hi I would interrupt and be like 'don't bother talking to me if you're just going to ask me about the exam'

You know when you qualify you have to drink champagne, right? It's the rules.

Suffering...not yet! In a couple of hours when panic sets in? Perhaps!
Original post by Slumpy

LOL! I'm going to be 50 before I pass SA3, by which time if I drank anything I think it'd put me in a coma :biggrin:

Boo. No panicking. CT4 must have a low pass mark to get through, since I properly screwed up when I took it and managed to get it. If there's a big question on those statistical tests (lol don't remember anything in CT4 at all), definitely do that first!
Reply 1595
Original post by shamika
LOL! I'm going to be 50 before I pass SA3, by which time if I drank anything I think it'd put me in a coma :biggrin:

Boo. No panicking. CT4 must have a low pass mark to get through, since I properly screwed up when I took it and managed to get it. If there's a big question on those statistical tests (lol don't remember anything in CT4 at all), definitely do that first!

If it turns out you've passed SA3, you owe us all champagne for that remark I reckon.

Nah, probably no panicking to be fair. I'd just quite like to be done with them for now!
Reply 1596
Original post by Slumpy

Set in yet?

I just spent like an hour looking at cute photos on Buzzfeed. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME.

18 hours and 15 minutes until I can forget about CT4 until I find out I've failed
Reply 1597
Original post by Jelkin
Set in yet?

I just spent like an hour looking at cute photos on Buzzfeed. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME.

18 hours and 15 minutes until I can forget about CT4 until I find out I've failed

I watched the football. Then watched the snooker. Then spent a while on facebook arguing about Scottish independence. I'm now watching the snooker and playing flash games.

I blame exam fatigue. I just don't seem to care any more! How hard can it be, eh?:p:
Reply 1598
Original post by Slumpy
I watched the football. Then watched the snooker. Then spent a while on facebook arguing about Scottish independence. I'm now watching the snooker and playing flash games.

I blame exam fatigue. I just don't seem to care any more! How hard can it be, eh?:p:

I agree with the bold, but I am seriously starting to think I'm going to fail! Still not enough to motivate me though ...

DAMN I've been rubbish in this exam session.
Reply 1599
Original post by Jelkin
I agree with the bold, but I am seriously starting to think I'm going to fail! Still not enough to motivate me though ...

DAMN I've been rubbish in this exam session.

How on earth is it almost midnight? I'm pretty sure exams are conspiring against us...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending