The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Me.

Looks like they will be taking their time in making offers.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Liverpool F.C.™
Me.

Looks like they will be taking their time in making offers.

when did you apply?

I sent my ucas off the other day and got an emaila t half 2 this morning.....

offers probably will be made in Jan after 15th.

im nervous!!
thecdon
when did you apply?

I sent my ucas off the other day and got an emaila t half 2 this morning.....

offers probably will be made in Jan after 15th.

im nervous!!

Sent mines off Nov 17th.

I got an email from them a couple of days after sending my application stating that it will not be possible for them to make offers until the end of January, because of the no. of applicants. They want to give everyone equal consideration.

I really want an offer from them badly!!!
Reply 4
Liverpool F.C.™
Sent mines off Nov 17th.

I got an email from them a couple of days after sending my application stating that it will not be possible for them to make offers until the end of January, because of the no. of applicants. They want to give everyone equal consideration.

I really want an offer from them badly!!!

yeah same! argh the wait isn't going to be good!
if you don't mind me asking, whats your academic profile like? just so i can see what im up against :p:
thecdon
yeah same! argh the wait isn't going to be good!
if you don't mind me asking, whats your academic profile like? just so i can see what im up against :p:

4A*'s, 6A's and 2B's. GCSE's.
3 A's at AS-Level.

You ?
Reply 6
my frd got offer from IC biochem 2 weeks ago
she sent off her application before oct half term
Reply 7
Yeah well my girlfriend got her offer from IC biochem 2 YEARS ago... :p:

Sorry guise, couldn't resist.
Last year, they were giving out offers as they went along :s dunno why they are doing this all of a sudden, but I'm sure my year has more students than the previous year (but that probably rings true for most subjects...hmmm).

Good luck to 2010 applicants :smile:
Reply 9
I've heard quite a few applicants with offers from Imperial: a few internationals and a few home students.

I used to think that they give certain offers out as applications come along but apparantly not (they said so in their prospectus that they'll consider everyone equally regardless of application date...)

I hope this might be of interest to you. =]

One thing I personally would quite like to know is how they decide to make those "early" offers...:s-smilie: (as I doubt it's really just on academia/PS/ref and etc, as I know someone with an outstanding application, sent off early(for Oxbridge deadline) hasn't got an offer yet and someone else with a relatively weaker application has(I'm not trying to imply they're weak, just relatively "less strong" compared to that someone)).
uer23
What was your offer ?

Do I stand a chance ?
I have ABC at A-Level. Predicted AAB
GCSE's are A*BBBBCC.

My offer was AAB. Almost everyone's offer was AAB (for '09 entry...well, people I have talked to anyway) because they don't interview. They probably won't lower it cos on the open day I went to before firming my offer, they said they get more and more applicants every year so raising entry requirements was the next logical step.

And I am not an admissions tutor so I cannot answer that question for you. I guess you will just have to be patient and wait for their reply!
Reply 11
lostphotobooth
My offer was AAB. Almost everyone's offer was AAB (for '09 entry...well, people I have talked to anyway) because they don't interview. They probably won't lower it cos on the open day I went to before firming my offer, they said they get more and more applicants every year so raising entry requirements was the next logical step.

And I am not an admissions tutor so I cannot answer that question for you. I guess you will just have to be patient and wait for their reply!

Looks like they haven't raised it though this year, on the ICL prospectus it still is AAB for the entry requirement.

What was the average GCSE/A-Level grades for people who got into Biochem ? I know that it is not the only thing they take into account when making offers. Just curious.
Unfortunately I cannot comment on your question, uer23, for I'm an international student. Anyway, I also applied to Imp for Biochem and still haven't heard back from them, which is really annoying. My application can't have been too weak as I got an unconditional offer from Oxford for Mol. and Cell. Biochemistry several days ago. I just find it incredibly disgruntling they take so much time to give out their offers. Of course, I'm aware that they want to avoid being biased towards early applications, but so do UCL and other top unis. And UCL, for example, do not normally take longer than 5 weeks to let you know the outcome of your application. What would you do if you were in my situation? Just continue waiting or not even consider Imperial and go for Oxford?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Reply 13
Bio_Science
What would you do if you were in my situation? Just continue waiting or not even consider Imperial and go for Oxford?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Well, if I were you, I wouldn't even care and just firm the Oxford one and not getting bothered by UCAS! :p:

They did say they'll make all decisions around the end of January so you can't expect any early offers(and the way they make these fofesr are apprantly "random", and many outstanding applicants are still waiting. =]).
uer23
Looks like they haven't raised it though this year, on the ICL prospectus it still is AAB for the entry requirement.

What was the average GCSE/A-Level grades for people who got into Biochem ? I know that it is not the only thing they take into account when making offers. Just curious.

No idea about GCSE grades. A Level, well, in my little 'group' all of us had all A grades at A Level (one guy even has 6 A grades not including gen studies, etc. but that is entirely unnecessary, all you need is 3 grades: 2 at A and 1 at B). As for entry requirements, they only raised it for my year (as in '09 entry was the first time it was AAB) but I wouldn't be surprised if that was raised to AAA in the next cycle or the one after.
Reply 15
i sent my application off in october and they made me an offer at the beginning of december (AAB)
mumford
i sent my application off in october and they made me an offer at the beginning of december (AAB)

Really ? Are you an international applicant ? Nobody I know of has got one yet.
Reply 17
nah im not an international applicant. i got my offer 3rd december, a couple days after they sent me an email saying that it was unlikely they will reply to me about my application until january! im not complaining though :biggrin: did u apply for biochem at imperial too?
Reply 18
I'm a home student, applied in october (15th) for biochemistry and received an offer in late november :smile:
Reply 19
does imperial give out offer without interview?

Latest

Trending

Trending