The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Halls of residence at imperial

Scroll to see replies

Smeh
Yeah it's not fun when you finally do wake up at 7.25 and your bus is at 7.35 and you have to catch it otherwise you have to wait an hour and be late for school.
I've actually gone to school with my trousers inside out because of my deep sleeping :yep:.
Sounds pretty good sharing tbh. I mean obviously it depends on if you get on with your roommate but I guess now it's something i'd consider.

I woke up for my 11am test at 10:55am. 'twas also not fun.

I don't know anyone who doesn't get on with their roommate, I know two who don't talk to theirs too much because they'd rather stick with "their kind of people" which is sad but I guess you can't argue if that's the way they want to do things. Sharing really is good, I'd happily trade a bit of privacy for what effectively is free shopping every week (given I did actually apply for a single room, but got given a twin) :p:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
jayshah31
I woke up for my 11am test at 10:55am. 'twas also not fun.

I don't know anyone who doesn't get on with their roommate, I know two who don't talk to theirs too much because they'd rather stick with "their kind of people" which is sad but I guess you can't argue if that's the way they want to do things. Sharing really is good, I'd happily trade a bit of privacy for what effectively is free shopping every week (given I did actually apply for a single room, but got given a twin) :p:

There is a pair on my corridor that don't get on too well...fair bit of friction but they make it work.
Reply 22
Smeh
Yeah it's not fun when you finally do wake up at 7.25 and your bus is at 7.35 and you have to catch it otherwise you have to wait an hour and be late for school.
I've actually gone to school with my trousers inside out because of my deep sleeping :yep:.
Sounds pretty good sharing tbh. I mean obviously it depends on if you get on with your roommate but I guess now it's something i'd consider.

haha,well, at the tour they told us that if you dont like your room mate you can change rooms if you find someone else in the same situation....i am also thinking about that....single or twin........
I'm in Beit, on an all girls corridor, single standard.

We have someone down our corridor who is the polar opposite of her room mate, but they get on so it's not too bad.

Someone down my corridor earlier was going on about how terrible it was that the union was loud on a Weds/Thurs/Fri night :rolleyes: I mean seriously, why apply to Beit if you're going to winge about the union being open until 1am.

I don't really have an opinion on halls. I didn't have a great time for my first month or two, but part of that is my fault and part was due to being down an all girls corridor, I hate it.
Reply 24
jennikay

We have someone down our corridor who is the polar opposite of her room mate, but they get on so it's not too bad.

Someone down my corridor earlier was going on about how terrible it was that the union was loud on a Weds/Thurs/Fri night :rolleyes: I mean seriously, why apply to Beit if you're going to winge about the union being open until 1am.

I don't really have an opinion on halls. I didn't have a great time for my first month or two, but part of that is my fault and part was due to being down an all girls corridor, I hate it.

Did you choose to be in an all girls corridor or were you just put into one?
...After going to an all girls schoolfor 5 years I really don't wanna be on one.
Reply 25
jennikay

One day you will replace "month" to "degree".
Smeh
Did you choose to be in an all girls corridor or were you just put into one?
...After going to an all girls schoolfor 5 years I really don't wanna be on one.

Just put into one. :sad: hate it.

angrygeek
One day you will replace "month" to "degree".

Good to know. :sigh:
Reply 27
jennikay

Cheer up... After this, you will have some 40 years work in the worlds most soul crushing career: banking
Reply 28
jennikay

really?they can put youi to only girls corridor without asking?do all halls have only girls corridors?
angrygeek
Cheer up... After this, you will have some 40 years work in the worlds most soul crushing career: banking

:rofl:

I know you won't believe me, but I'm not going into banking. I value my weekends/evenings too much.
fredbraty
really?they can put youi to only girls corridor without asking?do all halls have only girls corridors?

Yeah. I dunno if they'll do it next year. If you like then I'll bitch and whine to the warden about it so they don't :h: (If I can be bothered.)

I have literally no idea about other halls, but I doubt it. It's a ****ing stupid idea.
Reply 31
jennikay
Yeah. I dunno if they'll do it next year. If you like then I'll bitch and whine to the warden about it so they don't :h: (If I can be bothered.)

I have literally no idea about other halls, but I doubt it. It's a ****ing stupid idea.

i hope they will not because i am considering beit.at the interview they made us a tour at Beit and it seemed nice.....except from the common rooms,they had a special smell......:o: ...but the overall environment was nice...is it like that indeed?
jennikay

It isnt that bad. :console:
Sorry about yesterday, fizzled out (people were too tired from our insane Xmas dinner) so never got to going out
crazylemon
It isnt that bad. :console:
Sorry about yesterday, fizzled out (people were too tired from our insane Xmas dinner) so never got to going out

Oh don't worry, people from my corridor ended up going out (:shock:) but I didn't cause I was knackered :p:

fredbraty

That smell... was that a couple of weeks ago? Someone on the east ground floor had puked and it stank for a week or two :yucky:
jennikay
Oh don't worry, people from my corridor ended up going out (:shock:) but I didn't cause I was knackered :p:

I have to stay in today cause exam tomorrow :frown:
crazylemon

I have to stay in today cause exam tomorrow :frown:

N'awwwww. :p:

We're all off out Thursday cause all my friends do Biology and they finish on Thursday. I have a test on Friday. FML :sigh:
Reply 36
jennikay

That smell... was that a couple of weeks ago? Someone on the east ground floor had puked and it stank for a week or two :yucky:

no....11th of november.........
jennikay
N'awwwww. :p:

We're all off out Thursday cause all my friends do Biology and they finish on Thursday. I have a test on Friday. FML :sigh:

Currently it looks like I will be out wednesday till friday 3 days in a row ftw!
hi everyone,
someone said that you could apply for 5 halls and then they chose in which one you'd be. I just wondered, when do you choose and do you have to do it or do they send you an email to ask you to do it? :confused:
Reply 39
frenchburnttoast
hi everyone,
someone said that you could apply for 5 halls and then they chose in which one you'd be. I just wondered, when do you choose and do you have to do it or do they send you an email to ask you to do it? :confused:

They send us the accomodation stuff in May.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending