The Student Room Group

Words That Have Stayed With You Long After Hearing Them

This could be from a song, a book, a film, or someone as great as mahatma ghandi..

so what's yours?

Reason i ask if because my college is doing a yearbook quote and i havn't picked mine yet, I was thinking of going with 'all that is gold does not glitter..' but i wanted something more personal!

I love the shawshank quote 'I hope the pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope'

And the lyric 'Get outta my dreams, Get into my car'

If anyone has any nice quotes they want to share with me that would be awesome :smile: I'm really stuck!

Scroll to see replies

Every word in my vocabulary I suppose...
Reply 2
Do a Shakespeare!!!!
Reply 3
":snow::snow::snow::snow: me"
It's not particularly relevant but, I always remember "Cancer doesn't kill."

Sadly, this wasn't true.
Reply 5
"I'm sorry, you have Herpes"

I just can't seem to shake it...
Reply 6
The Smiths/Morrisssey have some great quotes and lyrics...
"Veni, vidi, vici." :biggrin:
Reply 8
"get to no where..." I forgot where I heard it . I start shivering every time I hear that quote
Reply 9
Be the change you want to see in the world - Gandhi
I have not failed. I have just found ten thousand ways that won’t work. - Thomas Alva Edison

These are two quotes that i find very inspiring - hope it helps :smile:
'It's better to regret something you have done than something you haven't'.

Obviously not foolproof, but it's been the driving force behind a lot of my decisions over the last year... which is bizarre for me, as I usually hate sayings like that. That one really just 'clicks' though.
Reply 11
"Behind every good fortune is a crime" - Balzac/Mario Puzo (The Godfather)
"Keep thinking you're great and you will be" - Tre Azam - The Apprentice series 3
"Que sera, sera"

My nan used to say it to me (and still does!), and it's out there in songs and stuff as well.
Reply 13
"When you have time, you waste it. When you need time, you chase it." - I made that one up :redface:
Reply 14
Better to live one year as a tiger, than a hundred as a sheep.
What is in my sig: they helped me get through my GCSEs! :smile:

"Pain is temporary, failure forever."

"If you are going through hell, keep on going."

EDIT: This is another nice one I have just found: "To climb steep hills requires a slow pace at first." - Shakespeare
"Remember the compliments you recieve, forget the insults; If you succeed in doing this, tell me how" - Baz Luhrman.

Cliche', but amazing nontheless.
Machiavellian - I heard it in the Simpsons a few years ago :blush:

Oh, and Carpe Diem - meaning Seize the Day. It's my family crest :biggrin:
Every man has to die, but few really live.
Reply 19
Take pride in how far you have come, and have faith in how far you can go. - Christian Larson

I have a big poster of motivational quotes on the wall in my room at uni and I liked that one so much I circled it.

Latest

Trending

Trending