The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

'With great power comes great responsibility' spiderman 1
'everyday is a gift, not a given right'.. good old nickelback!
Reply 102
"I am going to give you a show that you have never, ever seen before. Why? Because I can."
'With Great Power comes great Responsibility'

This has stuck mainly because I've heard it just about a thousand :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow: times.
'Work hard and reap the reward'

'No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent' - Eleanor Roosevelt

'Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairies at the bottom too?' - Douglas Adams
"Asking for help is a strength, not a weakness."

Heard it on the radio years ago and it's always stuck with me. It's true as well. :smile:
"soliloquy"

No idea where from, or why.
Reply 107
T A
This could be from a song, a book, a film, or someone as great as mahatma ghandi..

so what's yours?

Reason i ask if because my college is doing a yearbook quote and i havn't picked mine yet, I was thinking of going with 'all that is gold does not glitter..' but i wanted something more personal!

I love the shawshank quote 'I hope the pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope'

And the lyric 'Get outta my dreams, Get into my car'

If anyone has any nice quotes they want to share with me that would be awesome :smile: I'm really stuck!

The phrase is actually 'all that glitters is not gold...'

For me:

'Love is not love/ Which alters when it alteration finds'

'Oh what a tangled web we weave/ When first we practice to decieve'

'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness'
Whenever Im having a bad day I think of what my flatmate tells me

"what's meant to be yours wont pass you by"

Mainly useful when suffering heartbreak and other such nasty ordeals
"Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast." Douglas Adams

"I don't know what I said, I didn't listen" myself

"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." Oscar Wilde

And my personal favourite !" Every portrait that is painted with feeling is a portrait of the artist, not of the sitter." Oscar Wilde
**** happens when you party naked
Most motivational scene I think, haven't even seen the film, just this scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO4tIrjBDkk

Good eh? :smile:
Reply 112
Totally Tom
"He asked me to go on holiday with him at Easter..."

Hahahaha stfu
Reply 113
"You and me are like oil and water and we've been trying, trying, oh oh to mix it up"

Brandon Boyd- Incubus- Oil and Water

One of my favourite lyrics.
Reply 114
Bubbles*de*Milo
you're sooooooo from ladbroke grove

errr allow ladbroke grove wembley till i die fam
"If you spend your time thinking about the time you have wasted, you will waste what precious time you have got left."

Dunno where this one came from, may have just made it up! :h:

(Somehow, I doubt I'll be the next Shakespeare! :p:)
You can't control your emotions but you can control your actions.
'We are merely the stars' tennis balls / Struck and banded which way please them'

'When we have found all the mystery and lost all the meaning, we will be alone, on an empty shore'
It's not a quote or lyric or whatever, but it's one of the nicest things that has been said to me, it seems simple, but i loved it:

I could spend all day with you (said by a not-so-close friend in school)
Reply 119
Came from a T.V show, but at the time I heard it, it was incredibly relevant to me.

"And even if it breaks your heart to just be friends, if you care enough about them, you'll take the hit"

Latest

Trending

Trending