The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

RubyRoo
Was in agony waiting, but just got an offer for AAA at St Aidan's. :smile:
Only trouble is I know nothing about that college, and the website seems to be lacking in detail.
Still, very glad I got a place after this wait!

CONGRATULATIONS! :smile: I can't stand the waiting, and I've only just been given to a college, haha... I hope they don't run out of spaces :s-smilie: *checking AES at every available opportunity*
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
*Symphony*
Haha, it has been AGONY waiting on Durham! I swear they take longer than any other university. But hey, a few weeks more won't kill me.

Which college/subject did you apply for last year?

I applied for English Literature at Castle, which is what I'm doing and where I am right now! What college did you apply to?
UpTheBracket.
I applied for English Literature at Castle, which is what I'm doing and where I am right now! What college did you apply to?

Oh WOW! You lucky, lucky person! Er, belated congrats! :p: How are you finding it? I've applied to St Mary's (although to be honest, I don't know how competitive it is, nor do I know that much about it!) I don't suppose you could tell me anything about it? Thanks :smile:
Reply 63
All these offer for English are a little worrying... I really hope I won't end up getting rejected because there's no room left :cry2:
I wish they hadn't changed the AES - it would be nice to know in which college my application is at the moment.
You may be rejected but you won't be rejected because there is no room left!
Reply 65
hypocriticaljap
You may be rejected but you won't be rejected because there is no room left!

Huh? :s-smilie: I thought you could only be rejected (after being accepted by the department) because there was no room left?
Reply 66
_Claudia_
Huh? :s-smilie: I thought you could only be rejected (after being accepted by the department) because there was no room left?

What I think he means is that, now you are in college, you wont be rejected!
They will find a place at a college for you.

Congrats!
Reply 67
Sequin
What I think he means is that, now you are in college, you wont be rejected!
They will find a place at a college for you.

Congrats!

Aah, ok :o: I'm a bit slow today, too many lectures! And thanks - I hope you're both right, 'cause I won't accept a rejection anymore. I'll propose to sleep under a bridge.
_Claudia_
Aah, ok :o: I'm a bit slow today, too many lectures! And thanks - I hope you're both right, 'cause I won't accept a rejection anymore. I'll propose to sleep under a bridge.

Me too!! Oooh, c'mon Durham, hurry up and update already!!! *crosses fingers*
*Symphony*
Oh WOW! You lucky, lucky person! Er, belated congrats! :p: How are you finding it? I've applied to St Mary's (although to be honest, I don't know how competitive it is, nor do I know that much about it!) I don't suppose you could tell me anything about it? Thanks :smile:

Ha, thank you! I'm loving it, actually. I don't think the novelty of eating in the Great Hall will ever wear off! It is pretty awesome, but Durham in general is awesome, so wherever you end up you'll love it, I'm sure.

Well I have a couple of friends at St Mary's, and they both seem to really love it there, so that's a good sign! But I've never been there so there's probably not much I can tell you which you couldn't find out on the college website. I'm not sure how competitive it is - probably about the same as most Hill colleges, I'd guess. There's probably someone around on TSR actually at St Mary's who could tell you more, I'm not much use I'm afraid!
I'm not from Mary's but a lot of my friends are and they all really like it. It's quite a pretty college as well IMO.
Reply 71
Eeeeeeeeep! Offer from Collingwood! :smile: Good luck everyone else
Reply 72
My application was unsuccessful :frown: wahh sad times.
Unsuccessful was a nice way of putting it though :smile: And I guess everything happens for a reason.

Good luck everyone else still waiting :smile:
Got an offer for St Cuthbert's :O

*is still in shock*

Good luck to everyone else, I hope you hear soon!
Reply 74
RubyRoo
Was in agony waiting, but just got an offer for AAA at St Aidan's. :smile:
Only trouble is I know nothing about that college, and the website seems to be lacking in detail.
Still, very glad I got a place after this wait!

Hey!
Aidans is lovely! I stayed there once on a trip once and its a canny walk up the hill but the grounds are very pretty =] I've got a friend whos also doing English at Aidans next year!
I've got an offer for English at Josephine Butler, so yey! =D
abbna
Hey!
Aidans is lovely! I stayed there once on a trip once and its a canny walk up the hill but the grounds are very pretty =] I've got a friend whos also doing English at Aidans next year!
I've got an offer for English at Josephine Butler, so yey! =D

Congratulations! :biggrin: I know someone who's got in there (but not to do English) - are you going to the open day(s)?

Latest