The Student Room Group

Access courses and US universities?

I am thinking about doing an Access course and wanted to now how they are viewed outside of the UK, specifically in the US? I am 90% sure I want to continue my education in the UK but I'd like to know if I have any hope of applying to universities in the states with just an Access qualification.. and if not, what would I need to have in order to make a successful application?

Obviously I would need SAT's.... but what else? And taking into account that I am a mature student perhaps the requirements are slightly different?

Thanks!
Reply 1
nobody?

I am hesitant about doing A-levels because as an international, those courses are very, very costly if I do them at a brick and mortar school. The affordable solution is to do it via distance learning, but knowing myself, I thrive in a classroom environment and would prefer having social interaction with teachers, classmates, etc.
Its probably best to contact the individual universities and see what they require.
A lot of them will ask or specific grades and/or may accept the Access courses.
Some universities will obviously require certain subjects for entry. Therefore asking them is probably best

Latest

Trending

Trending