The Student Room Group

If I do not get into uni this year can I reapply next year?

I am worried that I will not get into university this year, due to lack of work experience. I am a mature student, but I have not done much with my life, due to mental health reasons. I am thinking of taking a year out to get more work and voluntary experience.This will give me more to say in my personal statement and at a interview. I am currently doing the Access course. I could not wait until next year, because I had already done a Access course that I was unable to complete due to mental health reasons, and I needed to know if I needed to save money to pay for my Access course. Does that make sense? I also have no references to get work, so I am hoping I will be able to get references through my tutor and through volunteering. I will still have to apply to university this year as it is part of the Access course, but if I do not get in I am hoping of taking a year out, and then being successful.
Reply 1
If you haven't completed a Level Three course, it's important to check whether there are any associated fees. To the best of my knowledge, you may be eligible for free enrollment if you haven't previously attained a Level Three qualification.

Why would you need work references? Use your lectures.

You may also want to check if you are eligible for extenuating circumstances.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by CompSciJP
If you haven't completed a Level Three course, it's important to check whether there are any associated fees. To the best of my knowledge, you may be eligible for free enrollment if you haven't previously attained a Level Three qualification.

Why would you need work references? Use your lectures.

You may also want to check if you are eligible for extenuating circumstances.

I have a level 3 subsidiary Diploma in Health and Social Care. I have already checked.

I would need references for work. I am going to use my tutor and volunteering manager.

What's that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending