The Student Room Group

Arts University College Bournemouth

Has anyone auditioned/interviewed at AUCB yet for the BA Acting Course?

Can you give any advice on the structure of the day, questions you had answered, even what people were wearing?

Thank you x
Reply 1
Apparently not then. Well I have mine tomorrow so I'll write up how it goes and maybe then someone will find this thready useful..
Reply 2
hope it went well? what did you think compared to Man Met?
Reply 3
Bournemouth was lovey :smile:

Man Met is a drama school, so is much longer hours (9-6 everyday) whereas AUCB is a more university type course, with voice, movement and singing lessons in the morning and then theory in practice in the afternoon tues-friday

LOvely atmosphere, at an Arts Uni, so all the students are into creative arts (there are film production courses, acting, make up, costume, fashion, fine art, photography etc) so there is a brilliant scope of artistic types around!

Campus is small and standard in a cozy kind of way. But Bournemouth Uni is just down the road and AUCB students have access to Bournemouth Uni facilities as well so plenty to do.

As for the audition process itself. About 10 or so in the group. Had a quick talk about plans for the day and then answered any questions. Went in individually to a panel of 4/5 (Head of Acting, Singing, two 2nd Year students) and did speeches and had a talk about the course/suitability/goals.

Lovelylovelylovely, can't wait to start there in September :biggrin:
Reply 4
well done on the offer! good luck for the BB!
Reply 5
A bit late, but I just had my audition with them and I wrote about it here: :smile:

http://erinkristensen.blogspot.com/2011/01/aucb-audition.html

Hope it's of help to someone! It's not such a popular one people are auditioning for, apparently.

Quick Reply

Latest