The Student Room Group

Late interview with Sixth Form - I'm worried

I'll try and keep this brief for you guys.

I should be going to Sixth Form this year, and I had an interview scheduled for the beginning of January. However, due to the snow it was rescheduled for the end of February. A friend of mine who had an interview a week or two ago said they gave her a conditional offer - as in, if she gets good grades then they'll let her in. She also said there was loads of people there (and this is the sixth or fifth interview night they've had).

In the letter they sent me about rescheduling it, they said it wouldn't affect my possible place at the Sixth Form. But I'm so worried... it's just a few days before the deadline to accept your place at the Sixth Form, and my predicted grades are quite a bit lower than the grades I'm getting (e.g. Predicted B in science, on an A, same for English Lit and R.E.) - what do I do if I don't get in? What if there aren't any places left for me?

:eek3:
Reply 1
don't worry even with predicted B's you will get in easily remember some people have only 5 gcse's at C grades and they get into college
Reply 2
Same with mine, practically every other applicant has had their interview and been accepted/declined - wheras i haven't even had an interview yet - scheduled for 25th :| stupid snow! although i do love it :smile: Don't worry though, i'm sure it'll all be fine :biggrin:
There should be places left for you, it would be a waste of their time and not fair if there wasn't. You may find that having a late interview you'll be given extra time to accept/decline, but they wouldn't do it to waste your time. If you don't get in, and you should get in, then you could try colleges, but try not to worry about that unless you have to.

Latest

Trending

Trending