The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Kingston art foundation interview

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lsadiaal
Thank you for the reply! yes that's exactly what i was thinking. I have been building up sketchbooks with drawings and ideas and hopefully it will be okay... :smile: When is your interview?

This is to me right?

Mine's Friday 27th :smile:
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Original post by Anna_Art
This is to me right?

Mine's Friday 27th :smile:

yes hahah , im getting used to this website... not doing so well :L

and cool ! good luck with your interview and let me know how it goes ,mine is on 4th of March
Original post by HolyWorship
I'm still waiting to hear anything and not sure if that is a bad thing or a good thing!!!

My surname is at the end of the alphabet so hoping they do it alphabetically!!!!! Trying to keep calm!

Got an interview next month :smile:
Got an interview next month :smile:

well done!
Reply 24
weeee!!! got an interview next month too!! :biggrin:
Original post by LauraaaT
weeee!!! got an interview next month too!! :biggrin:

Brilliant!

Mine is on the 11th!
Original post by lsadiaal
Hiyaa, i have got an invitation for an interview and I'm FREAKING OUT. i'm a graphics student and all i saw on the videos for portfolio are all about life drawings and fine art pieces. ANY ADVISES?!

Hi, I do DT so have very little arty stuff but they are looking for people with potential so be proud of what you've done and you've got an interview so they must have seen good stuff in your portfolio! I felt the same about my stuff but I do have an interview too :smile:
Original post by ralphdiorkleine
Guys I have an interview next week. I heard we have to present our work to the class I am intrigued as to how this works as I know there will be a mixture of very confident people and more reserved people.

Has anyone attended an interview yet this year and can shed some light on the setup? Would be very grateful!!

Hi, can I be cheeky and ask how the interview process went? I hope you got on ok :smile:
I had an interview a couple of weeks ago and they emailed me to tell me got a place :biggrin: I was so stressed about it!! The interview was fairly informal and we spent about 5 minutes each talking about our work, artists and general things that interest us in art and design. we got to see everyone else's work which was cool. Don't worry if you don't have loads of life drawings!! I didn't have any, just some smaller observational drawings, continuous line and collage ect but my stuff is mainly textiles. The interviewers were lovlely and seemed really interested in our work and thoughts. Just be yourself and talk about what inspires you :smile:
Original post by tombradl3y
I had an interview a couple of weeks ago and they emailed me to tell me got a place :biggrin: I was so stressed about it!! The interview was fairly informal and we spent about 5 minutes each talking about our work, artists and general things that interest us in art and design. we got to see everyone else's work which was cool. Don't worry if you don't have loads of life drawings!! I didn't have any, just some smaller observational drawings, continuous line and collage ect but my stuff is mainly textiles. The interviewers were lovlely and seemed really interested in our work and thoughts. Just be yourself and talk about what inspires you :smile:

Wow, well done! Thank you so much for the confidence building advice! I haven't even had my interview so am mildly panicking, I am quite a quiet person and will probably be in the interview!
Wow, well done! Thank you so much for the confidence building advice! I haven't even had my interview so am mildly panicking, I am quite a quiet person and will probably be in the interview!

Im a massive worrier too, there were definitely people in my group who were more confident that me but don't worry about people over shadowing you because each person gets their own specific time to talk, i'm sure they'll understand that you'll be nervous but they'll be able to see you're personality in your work and personal statement :smile:
Original post by tombradl3y
Im a massive worrier too, there were definitely people in my group who were more confident that me but don't worry about people over shadowing you because each person gets their own specific time to talk, i'm sure they'll understand that you'll be nervous but they'll be able to see you're personality in your work and personal statement :smile:

Thank you :smile:
Anybody on here heard anything?

I had my interview Wednesday just gone, they were so lovely, I was really nervous because it is my first choice. I was the only one in my group who had a DT portfolio which makes me worry!!! I would love to study at Kingston.

Nerve wracking!!!!
(edited 9 years ago)
So happy, I've got an unconditional offer :smile::smile::smile:
Reply 34
Hi,
I had my interview Wed 24th Feb, and they told be they would reply within 10 days, however I haven't received a reply yet and I'm quite worried. Kingston is my second choice, but I feel if I have it as my safety blanket I won't have to worry about the other places I've applied that I'm not really interested in (other than my 1st choice). If anybody else has applied this year, had their interview and is also waiting, I'd be really happy to know what status you're at :smile:
Thank you
Original post by EmArt98
Hi,
I had my interview Wed 24th Feb, and they told be they would reply within 10 days, however I haven't received a reply yet and I'm quite worried. Kingston is my second choice, but I feel if I have it as my safety blanket I won't have to worry about the other places I've applied that I'm not really interested in (other than my 1st choice). If anybody else has applied this year, had their interview and is also waiting, I'd be really happy to know what status you're at :smile:
Thank you

Wednesday 24th is tomorrow, Ive got mine tomorrow as well, did you mean you had it last month?
The 24th of feb is tomorrow; I've got an interview tomorrow as well. Did you mean last month?
Reply 37
I'm so sorry I got my dates mixed up with another school and also didn't happen to know what day of the month I'm in 😋 I got a reply with an offer yesterday, I was just being impatient! Good luck today 😊
Reply 38
I got an interview for the 4th March for art history and fine art which I'm already starting to stress for, was yours a group interview? And did yous bring the same portfolio that was uploaded before? *can you tell it's my first interview 😂
Reply 39
Original post by FaithM9
I got an interview for the 4th March for art history and fine art which I'm already starting to stress for, was yours a group interview? And did yous bring the same portfolio that was uploaded before? *can you tell it's my first interview 😂

Ahh don't worry it's really causal and it was my first interview too!! I was split into a group of 7 from 16 and we were all in a room and put our portfolios on the tables open and the interviewers and other applicants walked round the tables and interviewed you whilst everybody watched. You only get 5 minutes so it's good to know what you want to say and get across to them! I had some of the same stuff in my portfolio as I did in the digital one but I added more cause i needed 20 sheets ☺️ You'll be fine honestly it has a really nice atmosphere! Good luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending