The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Where I work loads of chavs come in- 15 year old mums who call their kids corey, lita (pronounced as litre of cider!), amani, T-Jay, Kody, Rogan, Dwayne. Yep I've heard them all. :rofl:
Reply 81
NDGAARONDI
You don't really have an established rock band with a beat. If I wanted a beat I'd have drum n bass. And just because you don't like Queen doesn't make them crap. I recognise that Eminem is a talented musician but I want call him crap just because I don't like his music. :wink:

Jimi Hendrix is overrated, it's all about Jimmy Page and Joe Satriani. :cool:

Eminem is crap though!!! Every type of music has a beat and rythm otherwise they would be unlistenable, its your untrained ear. In order to mix you have to use beat, and I'm able to mix rock songs, hence they must have a beat.
I hate the whole labelling thing personally. A lot of my friends and family are in bands and so I know alot of people who are called "moshers" and "punks" and also a bunch of school kids who call themselves "emo girls". To those people anyone who isn't like them is considered a chav. If they spot someone who is wearing the lastest fashion then they are a chav. If they meet someone who likes dance music then they are a chav. I just think it's stupid. People are too quick to slap a label on someone based on their appearance or likes/dislikes.

Just to clear things up also. I am not considered to be a chav. I don't know what I would be considered to be actually, maybe I should ask my mates.
addict
HAHAHA Its cos' your a skanky hoe

Do you know me?
Reply 84
CheesyBeans
I hate the whole labelling thing personally. A lot of my friends and family are in bands and so I know alot of people who are called "moshers" and "punks" and also a bunch of school kids who call themselves "emo girls". To those people anyone who isn't like them is considered a chav. If they spot someone who is wearing the lastest fashion then they are a chav. If they meet someone who likes dance music then they are a chav. I just think it's stupid. People are too quick to slap a label on someone based on their appearance or likes/dislikes.

Just to clear things up also. I am not considered to be a chav. I don't know what I would be considered to be actually, maybe I should ask my mates.

Ah, yes. I totally agree with you about those damn chavs and sloanies AKA sloan rangers.
CheesyBeans

Humans love labelling things, just look at the amount of different slang and unconventional names we have for homosexuals, drugs, people from various backgrounds etc. This whole chav thing is just today's answer to yesteryear's mods and rockers.
Yes I know but it's very annoying.
CheesyBeans
Yes I know but it's very annoying.

Definitely agree there.

Latest