The Student Room Group

What are the best unis for me? (photography)

i'm looking at universities that do photography.
but i won't be going til 2011 :smile:
i've heard falmouth does a really good course.
and people from there are shooting for chanel, french connection etc. :smile:
i've also looked into university of the arts (lcc is meant to be good for photography)
and brighton uni's meant to do a good course too.
i'm not sure about media, but i'm sure they'd do a course with both at chester as i was thinking of doing english language with photography and they do both there i think.
this reply is like a year late, sorry haha.
Reply 1
helenaaa
i'm looking at universities that do photography.
but i won't be going til 2011 :smile:
i've heard falmouth does a really good course.
and people from there are shooting for chanel, french connection etc. :smile:
i've also looked into university of the arts (lcc is meant to be good for photography)
and brighton uni's meant to do a good course too.
i'm not sure about media, but i'm sure they'd do a course with both at chester as i was thinking of doing english language with photography and they do both there i think.
this reply is like a year late, sorry haha.

Those are all really good unis from what i researched.
You'll find especially for Falmouth and Brighton that you will have to do an Art Foundation.
Nottingham Trent and UCA are also supposed to be top unis.
I'm hopefully going to LCC this year, when i went to the open day i loved it. The degree work is amazing and the course is academic as well as practical which is really good for me. A friend in my year wanted to combine the two and she found it really difficult to find a course that did both well and combining them both in her personal statement, so she settled for English in the end.
The best advice i can give you is go to loads of open days, ask lots of questions. I wouldn't advise looking too much at Times University Guide etc since they don't cater very well for Art/Design courses.
Make sure you go on the university websites and look at the course details, research into the lecturers and most importantly go to the open days :smile:
Hope this has been a little helpful!

Latest