The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
This happened in the late 80's, some guy (16-17, they have a memorial tree for him at the school) got hit in the head by a cricket ball and was killed immediately. There were a few others, dunno if they're true though. Probably not...
A few kids got run down in the car park. Thankfully, no deaths or serious injuries. They banned us pupils from parking in the car park in grounds after that. Despite the fact it was speeding chavs picking up their 14 year old girl friends who were knocking over pupils...
my friend (before he left our school) was doing p.e and you know those climbing frame thingies? we all had to juamp off it and when he did he broke his arm
could hear snap all over school:bricks:
Reply 263
A year 7 at my school with bad eyesight was running near the courts at my school. The tennis nets were up and were very taught.

The year 7 ran into the net and effectively, he became a projectile. He got catapulted around 12 feet, knocked a few teeth out and bashed his skull. Lots of blood. Fortunately he was mainly unharmed.

Then the P.E department got sued for negligence. They shouldn't have had the tennis nets up in the first place!
I got tickled in a technology room a few years back - I'm very ticklish, and so I jumped... right into somebody holding a stool (with the pointy legs) upside-down. The stool went into the roof of my mouth, and I had to spend the remainder of the lesson attempting to stop the bleeding with endless tissues... nice
From teachers we just had the general warning to not swing back on chairs or we'd break our necks; not to run with the javelins or wear hooped earrings in PE.

I can't think of anything else really except the Year 7 who managed to get knocked down outside the school by a car that was moving about 2mph as it was really congested outside. :s-smilie:

EDIT: Oh, and in Tech in Y7 or 8 the teacher warned us the hot glue from the guns was painful and I didn't believe him so I squeezed a large amount into a pile on the desk and stuck my hand in it. Stupid child! :facepalm:
(edited 12 years ago)
In Year 4, a kid I know hurt his back and had to sit in a wheelchair. My memory's fuzzy, so it may be wrong. I know he hurt it seriously, but I can't remember how. I thought it was a high fall, but there was no high places nearby. Funny, I can't remember how he hurt himself but I remember that he'd just gotten off crutches the day before.

At the end of Year 7, my then-friend (who's a massive idiot) decided it'd be better to climb over the spiky fence instead of using the gate about 20 yards away. His arm fell onto the spike and a friend of mine had to pull it off. My friend said it'st he worst thing he's ever had to do.

In Year 10, a kid nearly died because a new kid decided he didn't like him and shoved his head repeatedly into a brick wall. Luckily, he survived. The new kid never appeared again. Hm, wonder why? >_>
Reply 267
Apparently a fight broke out and one guy kicked the other guy in the 'gentleman berries' so hard that the........ theres no subtle way to say it, ballbag, split open causing the one of the gentleman berries inside to taste air and dangle for dear life. I wasn't there myself but apparently an ambulance was called, I imagine that awkward phone call. Apologies for making every man that reads this cringe.
Reply 268
a guy threw a pe bag and hit this guy and knocked him out.
I dropped a microscope on my already ugly toes and made them slightly more unsightly.
Reply 270
The famed javelin story is/was (sadly!) based on truth: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/365923.stm

I remember someone sanded their fingers off on one of those horrible sanding machines but I can't remember much else happening at my school.

My cousin said they knew someone who tried to jump over a fence and ended up ripping one of their testicles off :eek:

ETA: a girl in my science class also once set her hand alight with a faulty bunsen burner, she was fine though as I think it just burnt off the gas/fuel on her hand and she put it out in time! could have been bad though, and put me of using bunsen burners for a while :P
(edited 12 years ago)
A large hill near my school was used for mountain biking in sixth form games. A pub is at the end of it and the delivery lorries block accross the road to unload. apparently some guys were coming down the hill to fast on bikes and tried to brake to stop hitting the lorry. One of them slid sideways along the road, went under the lorry at about 25 miles an hour and hit the metal bits underneath. They had to get a fire-engine to wash the blood away :O
Original post by Aj12
We got warned about that with the belt sander ive seen it happan to its pretty easy if your not paying attention.

We had a similar incident but with the jijgsaw machine. Needless to say the person involved came off pretty badly injured.
It wasn't an accident where anyone got injured but it was still an accident. I was waiting outside my history class and I had a heavy rucksack which was just the right level to rest heavily on top of a fire extinguisher. The fire extinguisher didn't have a pin in it.

...There was white powder everywhere.
The council hiring a paedophile as a headmaster - that was a mighty accident.
Reply 275
this guy got pushed into a thorn bush and just layed there.
chap in the DT deparment was sanding a piece of wood for his project he got distracted and sanded the tops of his fingers off, looked very painful, another chap playing rugby tryed to show off when scoring a tri ... landed on the point of the ball and fractured 3 ribs :L
Reply 277
I stabbed myself with a hypodermic surgical needle :s-smilie:
Reply 278
my mate stabbed me with a pen , and gave me a big cut on my shoulder , there was blood on my shirt aswell.
I went to stab my friend with a pencil, but I had the nib facing the other way and it went straight into my hand. Blood all over my hand. In fear of the teacher taking the nib out with tweezers I told them the nib never went in, and I still have it in my hand 2 years later.

Latest

Trending

Trending