The Student Room Group

Parents won't let me study Photography at uni

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gemma :)!
Just a thought, but why do you need them to pay for it? Most people get loans out anyway, and manage to cope without their parents support during their degree, you could do that?? ]
Maybe try to show them just how passionate you are about photography, do you have a portfolio??

Obtaining a loan is kinda like a mini lottery is it not? lol.....

My portfolio can impress girls........
They're probably doing you a favour.
Reply 162
People may say that Photography isn't a respectable degree etc but its your choice so from that view go for it.
The problem lies with your parent's support through university life, especially financial. However, if you can manage financially without their help then no problem, otherwise you will have a dilema.
Original post by michael321
If you've got the brains

What if he dosen't? :tongue:
Original post by The-Wi$e-One
then you know nothing about the basics of photography, the veil doesn't have to be centred, the perspective of the fence leads you into the photo. and who says things have to be centred within a photo? your profile is correct, you are arrogant and pretentious, learn the basics of composition before you comment on a pro's work.

Lol...........explain me the Law of Newton......
Original post by Phalanx
If I wanted to look into it, I'd say it's the photographer's view on the progressive of love and lust in life.

The railings drifting off into the distance get smaller and smaller showing the diminishing lust the veil (a symbol of passion) implies.
The railings also could be considered an apt barrier to work with since they symbolise the turbulent, bumpy road ahead a couple may face.

Or more likely, it's just some ****** photo taken by a guy on his nokia who couldn't afford photoshop because he was too busy paying his rent mopping floors at McDonald's because he picked such a poor degree scheme to persevere in life.

Repped 1+ LMAO
Original post by Dr. Manic Mechanic
Obtaining a loan is kinda like a mini lottery is it not? lol.....

My portfolio can impress girls........

No, anyone can get a student loan..
Original post by Gemma :)!
No, anyone can get a student loan..

Making pictures is my hobby, and it is dramatically declining, I'm an Engineering student. Loans can be a problem, considering today's climate of politics regarding fundings.
Original post by Dr. Manic Mechanic
Lol...........explain me the Law of Newton......

1st, 2nd or 3rd Law...and secondly what the **** does newtons laws have to do with photography?
Reply 169
thread is old

Quick Reply

Latest