The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Under 18 During Fresher's Week?

I'll be turning 18 in November, and I'm not sure how this will affect one's university life...
My U.S. driving license, when read in the English dd/mm/yy as opposed to American mm/dd/yy shows me as being 18... (11/5/92)
Would that work, at all, in London?
Do people get ID'ed a lot during Fresher's week activities/clubs in general? I'm not planning on drinking, but I do want to go out and meet people, and I'm not sure what to do.
Any help will be appreciated.
Reply 1
Lol, that's amazing! :rofl:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
It would probably work.

I had to ID a person from New York the other day for Alcohol at work and from what you have just told me I have now realised he was under age. Whoops.
kasemp
I'll be turning 18 in November, and I'm not sure how this will affect one's university life...
My U.S. driving license, when read in the English dd/mm/yy as opposed to American mm/dd/yy shows me as being 18... (11/5/92)
Would that work, at all, in London?
Do people get ID'ed a lot during Fresher's week activities/clubs in general? I'm not planning on drinking, but I do want to go out and meet people, and I'm not sure what to do.
Any help will be appreciated.

It's certainly worth a try, but expect to get knocked back from quite a few places :p:

If you want to meet people without drinking check out your uni's societies, also find people in facebook groups related to your uni and just add them - I've made a few of my friends this way :smile:
Reply 4
It would work on bouncers who don't care, some will politely turn a blind eye & some will laugh at you & tell you to go home.

Totally depends on the bouncer, might aswell try!
Reply 5
It will work, the UK operates on dd/mm/yy so the bouncers and shop workers will in all likelihood not know that it's different in the States so will just blindly accept it.
Reply 6
They probably won't realise the difference, even if they know about the different arrangement. I think it'd work, myself.
most places only accept UK driving licenses and Passports.........some places dont even accept provisionals :s:
Reply 8
I have never seen anyone get ID'd in the union, and even so someone else could easily buy your drinks.

Some bars and clubs ID, just depends on how old you look.

Latest

Trending

Trending