The Student Room Group

Effect of Pathetic Fallacy?

Hi all, sorry to create another English thread...

Does anyone know why a poet uses pathetic fallacy? What effect does it have on the reader?

Thank you!! :biggrin:
Reply 1
yellowmeringue
Hi all, sorry to create another English thread...

Does anyone know why a poet uses pathetic fallacy? What effect does it have on the reader?

Thank you!! :biggrin:

To reflect the mood of the poem and create an downbeat/happy atmosphere,etc. e.g in ''Hurricane hits England", Grace Nichols uses it to create a solemn mood, which expresses her unhappiness and the way she views life in London.
Hope i helped :smile:
Junaid16
To reflect the mood of the poem and create an downbeat/happy atmosphere,etc. e.g in ''Hurricane hits England", Grace Nichols uses it to create a solemn mood, which expresses her unhappiness and the way she views life in London.
Hope i helped :smile:

Can you read minds?! :eek: That was the actual poem I had in mind when I asked!

+rep for psychic-ness!
Reply 3
Well, don't expect everybody to read your mind. :tongue:

Be specific.
Reply 4
yellowmeringue
Can you read minds?! :eek: That was the actual poem I had in mind when I asked!

+rep for psychic-ness!

Lol, i had an inkling that it was English Lang and i do it aswell, and that's the only poem with pathetic fallacy :biggrin:
Original post by Jatz07
hey, what is the effect of exaggeration in english language? + What effect does it have on the reader? (ENG Language exam coming up) also can you please list as many presentational devices as possible... THANK YOU! I really appreciate it

god bless

jatz

Hey there, you seem to have posted in the wrong place. Try making a new thread in the english section specifically about this, you'll get much more informed responses.
Reply 6
that's not the only poem with pathetic fallacy :')
Reply 7
which does
Reply 8
well i'm waiting
Reply 9
What other poems have pathetic fallacy? :biggrin:
Beef beef beef and more beef!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 11
What a bump
Original post by Junaid16
Lol, i had an inkling that it was English Lang and i do it aswell, and that's the only poem with pathetic fallacy :biggrin:

If you do English Language then it's about time you learned that as and well are two separate words, not one.
to create tone or add atmosphere to the writing.it also shows the characters feelings/moods. for the reader it creates tension ad atmosphere.
Reply 14
can someone please explain how it creates tension

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending