The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hemant1
how likely is it that the exam on monday will have a F(x) graph.sin+cosine rule and graph question init?

edexcel?
hard to say but sine/cosine rule doesnt appear on non calc
a trig graph question is likely, e.g sketch y = 3 sin 2x etc
Reply 2
it can appear on non calculator. are u doing module 5 ??
usually it would be like draw the sine/cosine graph for 0<x<360 or something. i have also seen how many solutions are there to 2cosx or cos2x.

good luck :smile:
Reply 3
It is generally pretty likely it usualy comes up with transforming the graph so ye most likely
Reply 4
Yeah most likely
Im also doing maths non calc on monday
Its the new spec A non cw AQA higher tier
Good luck :smile:
Reply 5
I'm dreading this paper. I'm finding it so hard! I hope they have low grade boundaries
Reply 6
STARMissyB
I'm dreading this paper. I'm finding it so hard! I hope they have low grade boundaries

Do you want a hand?
hemant1
how likely is it that the exam on monday will have a F(x) graph.sin+cosine rule and graph question init?

Hmm, somewhat likely, but I would be so surprised if there isn't a trig question of some sort there.

However, the "harder" (lol) algebra questions *should* appear.
Reply 8
hazbaz
Do you want a hand?

I would :frown: I really need help on the questions that always come up at the end of the paper worth 4 marks - it's the ones with an equation involving a fraction and you have to make "a" the subject for example.
Reply 9
hazbaz
Do you want a hand?

Please. Need all the help I can get.
Reply 10
STARMissyB
Please. Need all the help I can get.

What bits dont you get?
hazbaz
What bits dont you get?

Like how and when to use the Sine and Cosine rules. Also the algerbra questions that have fractions in them - I usually get those wrong.:s-smilie:
Reply 12
STARMissyB
Like how and when to use the Sine and Cosine rules. Also the algerbra questions that have fractions in them - I usually get those wrong.:s-smilie:

I will help you later im off out now :smile:
Reply 13
STARMissyB

Question has to involve 2 angles for sine rule
Reply 14
STARMissyB

but like if they do come up they're gonna be 8 marks (at max)
Reply 15
hemant1
but like if they do come up they're gonna be 8 marks (at max)

Well te sine and cosine rule wont come up in the non calc paper. but you ue the sine rule if you have two angles plus any given side. Or two sides plus an angle that isnt enclosed by them. Cosine rule is used if you get two sides enclosed by the angle.Or if you are given all three sides but no angle
Reply 16
hazbaz
Well te sine and cosine rule wont come up in the non calc paper. but you ue the sine rule if you have two angles plus any given side. Or two sides plus an angle that isnt enclosed by them. Cosine rule is used if you get two sides enclosed by the angle.Or if you are given all three sides but no angle

I really hope those questions come up
Thats were i will feed off the juicy Marks :biggrin:
Reply 17
Hanz_a93
I really hope those questions come up
Thats were i will feed off the juicy Marks :biggrin:

Lol ye they are good marks providing you do the brackets on the calculator correct and dont get rounding error lol. I want graph functions to come up
Reply 18
hazbaz
Lol ye they are good marks providing you do the brackets on the calculator correct and dont get rounding error lol. I want graph functions to come up

Me too!
(I hope I don't regret this)
I want algebraic fraction equations, and graph transformation and quadratic equations to come up, I want an A* for maths but can't do long division- how bad is that?
:/
Reply 19
Bright
Me too!
(I hope I don't regret this)
I want algebraic fraction equations, and graph transformation and quadratic equations to come up, I want an A* for maths but can't do long division- how bad is that?
:/

lol we all have our weakness. Im hoping for some nice rearranging formula questions :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending