The Student Room Group

GCSE results

Hello I am studying AS Economics, Physics, Maths, Geography. I have taken most of my exams now. I am confident I have done well infact I have exceeded my initial expectations of myself. I would back myself to get AAAA. The head of school once said to me that I lacked confidence and I feel I have found that confidence. I fear I have become one of those ****** that knows it all :yep:

I want to study physics or economics (bias towards physics) at a good university. I feel that I am good enough to get into them on the quality of my knowledge and analytical skills. However my GCSE's are not great. There are by no means bad but I really did not work hard for them, revise much atall or just care in general.

I got mainly As and A*s with a couple of Bs but I got a C in French. I will confess I hate French, I hate the French culture and French food. The only good thing about France is Rene Decarte :cool:

To what extent is my bad performance in French going to hurt my university application.

Say I wanted to go to Birmingham or Warwick what grades would I need? Would I need to improve my GCSEs?

I can write a good personal statement because my external interests in poker are amazingly good for showing true analytical skills.

Also I should note I have amazing work experience. Very applicable to physics espcialy. I am very priviledged to be working with such a company.

Please give me some help, I want to work hard to get there.

Latest

Trending

Trending