The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
do you guys know where the examiners mark the past papers?
Reply 21
yh B2 was a fail :frown:
I wrote a tiny amount
it was about how music has changed from the 90s and how similar people(eg Dizzy and Akon) have manged to make such different music. Then I said "but to keep the changing music scene going, you have to support people like Michael Buble and Jamie Cullum, cos they're cool!" well, along the lines of that anyway!

I called it Cheese to Cheryl
But then didn't talk about her! DOh!
Reply 22
jipol
I set it our like a letter.
I wrote Dear Fred, and wrote yours faithfully at the end. I signed it and printed ny name underneath

The letter was supposed to be written to a friend so should have ended with Yours Sincerely.
Reply 23
I wrote "Love," at the end of my letter. Is that ok?
Reply 24
I wrote love too on my letter, and before when we'd done it, my teacher thought my letter was fine, so dont worry!
For B2 i wrote that 'twilight' was taking over, even though I love the films! I thought it was something I could write about easily, I guess.
Reply 25
FrankieC
I wrote love too on my letter, and before when we'd done it, my teacher thought my letter was fine, so dont worry!
For B2 i wrote that 'twilight' was taking over, even though I love the films! I thought it was something I could write about easily, I guess.

If you write to someone and you don't know them you end a letter with Yours Faithfully

If you write to someone and you do know them you end a letter with Yours Sincerely

I'm not sure about ending it with "Love" but it's an informal letter so it will probably be acceptable and I don't think you will be penalised for it.
Reply 26
jipol
I set it our like a letter.
I wrote Dear Fred, and wrote yours faithfully at the end. I signed it and printed ny name underneath

Surely if you know the person you were writing to it should've been sincerely instead of faithfully?
Reply 27
HNGG
Surely if you know the person you were writing to it should've been sincerely instead of faithfully?

Yes, I already pointed that out to him/her. :yep:
Reply 28
JAMMY93
Yes, I already pointed that out to him/her. :yep:

As you can see by the post times, by the time I started replying I was not aware you had pointed this out.
Reply 29
HNGG
As you can see by the post times, by the time I started replying I was not aware you had pointed this out.

I pointed it out to him at 20:09 and you pointed it out to him at 20:33. :yep:
Reply 30
JAMMY93
I pointed it out to him at 20:09 and you pointed it out to him at 20:33. :yep:

I must've scrolled past your post. :mfing:
Reply 31
FrankieC

Thank u!
Reply 32
madders94
Well if you said Dear Sir/Madam and ended it "Yours Faithfully", it may count against you :p: did you just like write their address as well as yours or something? It shouldn't do, I wouldn't worry about it :smile:

Ooh, sounds good :smile: I covered a load of different topics in mine, hope I don't get marked down for it... I put -

- How Pixar has developed and grown up with our generation (because it's a teen magazine) from the days of Toy Story to much more believable, realistic animation with the likes of Wall-E.
- How teenagers no longer want fairytale endings and fantasy-style scripts, they want gritty realism such as "Kidulthood" that can appeal to them and show them that they're not alone.
- The development of 3D technology that really came to the public eye with the release of "Avatar", and how so many film companies and cinemas are now taking advantage of it and offering so many films in 3D.
- So many books are being adapted for screen following the huge success of the Harry Potter franchise, and it's getting to the point where people are either not knowing that the films they are watching have been adapted from books, or not bothering to read the book because they can just watch the film.
- Watching in HD also adds to the realism which means people can find it hard to separate fact from fiction.
- A closing paragraph about the dangers of not being able to separate what they see in films from their expectations of real life. I mentioned werewolves and vampires :p: a little dig at Twi-hards.

i wrote something VERY similar to that
Reply 33
No worries, I was pretty scared about it too, when I found out what my friends had written, but my teacher reassured me!
Reply 34
i wrote "Yours Truly" LOL is that ok? *facepalm"
Reply 35
Pavvy
i wrote "Yours Truly" LOL is that ok? *facepalm"

Yep :smile:
Reply 36
50 CENTS for a pack of EMINEMS thats LUDACRIS, i want my NICKLEBACK!

That's INSANE how did you think of that in an exam!
All I can say is impressive stuff (slow clap)
Mine was about films and was titled " hot or not"
Reply 37
dsilva3470

It's a Facebook group:wink:
Reply 38
oh i see, hmmm how do i feel, sad that it is no longer insane and disappointed of the playgiarism :frown:
Reply 39
dsilva3470

Hahaaa yeahh its a facebook group, as soon as i read music and article for teenage magazine..i was like **** **** **** ****, what decent title could i use and suddenly that came into my head! the actual article itself was average i would say though :\

Latest

Trending

Trending