The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Louise_Bookworm
Mine's on the 14th, could you tell me what the day involved and also how you did? :smile: Good luck!

yeah sure i can! thanks! x
Reply 181
Louise_Bookworm
Mine's on the 14th, could you tell me what the day involved and also how you did? :smile: Good luck!

I've had a brookes interview already :smile: Private message me if you need any help with the day etc. x
laurastaniforth
I've got my first interview on the 25th November at Bedforshire for Primary teaching.
Really scared! Anyone give me any tips or advice?
Thankyou, Laura

Hi, I was there on that day! :biggrin: Which group were you in? Have you heard back from them yet? How did you do? Have you had any other interviews/replies recently?

:smile:
Reply 183
angelcake1983
HELP!! i have just received an interview invitation for B'ham City Uni on 4th Nov for PGCE General Primary, it has been 5 years since i left Uni or have been in education so am a little rusty on my maths etc. I have to do a 15 min maths test, a 30 min written test about a contempory issue of my choice and an interview. Im petrified!!! any odeas on where i can find issues or what the maths exam may include would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks

hi angel cake, i just joined this forum recently and noticed your post, just curious how your interview/testing went? im outa uni nearly 4 years and have yet to do my interview, you seem pretty much in the same boat as myself considering maths is not my strong point! hope you got yourself a place!
whybird18
yeah sure i can! thanks! x

Thank you! Hope yours goes well! Thank you Jessica also, I need all the help I can get!

I have a York St. John interview tomorrow if anyone would like me to give them some information?
Thanks x
Has anyone heard anything from Greenwich yet?*worries*xx
Reply 186
I haven't notcied anyone who has had a UWIC interview :frown: I'm really confused and stuck with my presentation :frown: Is there anyone who could give me some idea/guidance?
Reply 187
Louise_Bookworm
Thank you! Hope yours goes well! Thank you Jessica also, I need all the help I can get!

I have a York St. John interview tomorrow if anyone would like me to give them some information?
Thanks x

How did your YSJ interview go?

I've not heard back from them at all yet, but if I get an interview infoo would be muchly appreciated! :smile: thankss.

xx
Tarantino's New Star
Hi, I was there on that day! :biggrin: Which group were you in? Have you heard back from them yet? How did you do? Have you had any other interviews/replies recently?

hi, i actually didn't go to it on that date because i had another arrangement.
i'm going there on the 7th January.
any chance you could let me know what happens? and what item did you take in to talk about?
thankyou! xx
Reply 189
Hannahk16
I've had interviews at: (for primary education)
-mmu
-sheffield hallam
-chester
-liverpool jmu
if anyone wants to know anything about any of them interviews let me know and i'll tell you.

I have my interview at lmju end of february and mmu shortly,
what did you have to do? any exams?

thankss :smile:
Originally Posted by Hannahk16
-mmu
-sheffield hallam
-chester
-liverpool jmu
if anyone wants to know anything about any of them interviews let me know and i'll tell you

Hi I have an interview at sheffield Hallam on tuesday its my first choice and first interview...I AM BRICKING IT!!!! What does it involve? any tips?
XmusicismylifeX
Originally Posted by Hannahk16
-mmu
-sheffield hallam
-chester
-liverpool jmu
if anyone wants to know anything about any of them interviews let me know and i'll tell you

Hi I have an interview at sheffield Hallam on tuesday its my first choice and first interview...I AM BRICKING IT!!!! What does it involve? any tips?

Hi, i've had an interview at Sheffield Hallam.
You sit in a room with everybody whilst they do a presentation, then you're split up into groups of about 6.
We then did a little group talk about your own experiences, why you want to be a teacher, who inspired you etc.
Then you have a written test. I thought it was quite hard. There was a text about "the best and worst schools" and you had to answer some questions on it.
Then it's all waiting around till your individual interview, which is done in one room with about 5 other interviews in it at the same time.

I came out feeling that I had done really well and was quite chuffed with myself, to then be told that I was unsuccessful :frown:
And Hallam was where I wanted to go :frown:
Oh well.

Good luck, write back and let me know how it went :smile:
xx
Reply 192
AWWW!!!! Can someone help please. I have applied for primary teaching at Durham, York St John, Northumbria and Hull. Applying end of December so quite late. Got an interview at Northumbria any1 got any tips? Really nervous
Reply 193
Has anyone had an interview at Leeds Trinity? I've got mine on the 9th and in regards to the presentation I'm beginning to brick it! Trying to prepare something but I actually have no idea. Has anyone had/having an interview at Trinity for RS?
Reply 194
Was just wondering if anyone could give me any current issues related to primary education pleasee!?

I have my first primary education interview at roehampton on wednesday and am so nervous for it!

Thank youu :smile:
Reply 195
Feebxxx
Was just wondering if anyone could give me any current issues related to primary education pleasee!?

I have my first primary education interview at roehampton on wednesday and am so nervous for it!

Thank youu :smile:

Look on TES
Every Child Matters is a good one to look in to, or the rose report, dialogic teaching, classrooms of the future, creative classrooms..
Just search around a bit its easy to come across educational issues :smile:
Reply 196
Jessica,
Look on TES
Every Child Matters is a good one to look in to, or the rose report, dialogic teaching, classrooms of the future, creative classrooms..
Just search around a bit its easy to come across educational issues :smile:

Thank you so much! :smile:
Reply 197
Feebxxx
Thank you so much! :smile:

You're welcome :smile:
Where else have you applied to?
Reply 198
Jessica,
You're welcome :smile:
Where else have you applied to?

I've also applied to Winchester, Chichester, Nottingham Trent and Canterbury Christ... I've got interviews for all of them apart from Nottingham Trent...

Ahh! I'm getting so nervous for tomorrow!!

How about you? Are you applying for primary education too?

Reply 199
Feebxxx
I've also applied to Winchester, Chichester, Nottingham Trent and Canterbury Christ... I've got interviews for all of them apart from Nottingham Trent...

Ahh! I'm getting so nervous for tomorrow!!

How about you? Are you applying for primary education too?

Yeah I am :smile: got Winchester interview tomorrow, had offers from uwe and oxford brookes and an education studies offer from Gloucester :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending