The Student Room Group

Leyton sixth form college

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I've just finished my 2 years at Leyton Sixth Form college. I studied Media, Ict and English lang & Lit, what are you looking to study there?

I haven't had any bad experiences at LSC and I have to say that I've found the teaching to be very good. I'll admit In my first year I walked away with 3 Ds and a C (terrible I know) but that was my fault for never really asking for any help or going to extras classes etc that were put on. In my second year after getting my AS grades I realised that I had to put much more effort into my studies and since then I've had no problem in getting As and Bs in coursework and mock exams, after retaking my AS' I also managed to improve my Ds into Bs.

What I'm saying is that the teaching is good enough and you will pass your subjects with no problems assuming that you put the effort in. The help is always there if you need it and the teachers that I've experienced have all been great.

As for it being a rough area I'm not really sure what to say. I suppose Leyton and the rest of Waltham Forest is pretty rough but in all my time at the college there's never been a fight. The security guards are there for any problems that may arise anyway.

If you have any specific questions...fire away! :smile:
NeonXIII
I've just finished my 2 years at Leyton Sixth Form college. I studied Media, Ict and English lang & Lit, what are you looking to study there?

I haven't had any bad experiences at LSC and I have to say that I've found the teaching to be very good. I'll admit In my first year I walked away with 3 Ds and a C (terrible I know) but that was my fault for never really asking for any help or going to extras classes etc that were put on. In my second year after getting my AS grades I realised that I had to put much more effort into my studies and since then I've had no problem in getting As and Bs in coursework and mock exams, after retaking my AS' I also managed to improve my Ds into Bs.

What I'm saying is that the teaching is good enough and you will pass your subjects with no problems assuming that you put the effort in. The help is always there if you need it and the teachers that I've experienced have all been great.

As for it being a rough area I'm not really sure what to say. I suppose Leyton and the rest of Waltham Forest is pretty rough but in all my time at the college there's never been a fight. The security guards are there for any problems that may arise anyway.

What :eek: why would you need security guards?
JChoudhry
:mmm: Monoux is full of Paki's

It looks quite multi-cultural to me :yes:

Evidence: I go there :wink:
Reply 23
NeonXIII

woo someone atlast ill add u XD
Reply 24
perrytheplatypus
What :eek: why would you need security guards?

I thought most colleges had them haha, my friends at Epping and Monoux both say that their colleges have security guards too.

They stand at the front gates and check your ID when you walk in, there's no special swipe card machines or barriers at LSC. There's also one that stands outside the library to make sure the corridoor outside is quiet and there's one in the main reception to make sure people don't clog up the corridoor. They generally just make sure the college is a safe place for everyone and that people aren't too rowdy in the corridoors.
lool that college is a joke. i went there and am glad to be out tbh.
FinalFlash
It looks quite multi-cultural to me :yes:

Evidence: I go there :wink:

Haha, I was told to apply there, but avoided it cuz of the paki's, if I don't get into my college of choice, tbh, I'd rather go Newvic :mmm:
NeonXIII
I thought most colleges had them haha, my friends at Epping and Monoux both say that their colleges have security guards too.

They stand at the front gates and check your ID when you walk in, there's no special swipe card machines or barriers at LSC. There's also one that stands outside the library to make sure the corridoor outside is quiet and there's one in the main reception to make sure people don't clog up the corridoor. They generally just make sure the college is a safe place for everyone and that people aren't too rowdy in the corridoors.

Hmm...interesting. At my sixth form, you can get in through the side door without anyone noticing...
JChoudhry
Haha, I was told to apply there, but avoided it cuz of the paki's, if I don't get into my college of choice, tbh, I'd rather go Newvic :mmm:

Meh I'd say Monoux is better than Newvic and infact probably better than most colleges in these areas except from the obvious good ones such as 7Kings, Beals, Valentines etc.
S.R
Leyton = GHETTO. Therefore Leyton sixth form college = GHETTO sixth form college.

Leyton isn't ghetto. Leyton sixth form isn't ghetto. You want ghetto go to Golders Green...

I was at Monux about 7 years ago (Woah time flies!) it was average back then but waaaaay better than Leyton I heard it's slipped since then. Building was ALOT nicer and so where the classes and the lecturers where quite good.
FinalFlash
Meh I'd say Monoux is better than Newvic and infact probably better than most colleges in these areas except from the obvious good ones such as 7Kings, Beals, Valentines etc.

Meh, it probably is. I only applied to Beal but I don't want to go there. :cool: If worst comes to worst, and Newvic reject me on results day because I didn't apply, I'll end up at Beal :s-smilie: :s-smilie:
JChoudhry
Meh, it probably is. I only applied to Beal but I don't want to go there. :cool: If worst comes to worst, and Newvic reject me on results day because I didn't apply, I'll end up at Beal :s-smilie: :s-smilie:

What's wrong with Beal?

I'm sure you'll get your first choice anyways Insha'allah. :smile:
FinalFlash
What's wrong with Beal?

I'm sure you'll get your first choice anyways Insha'allah. :smile:

Inshallah, Beal is waay too far away :p:
Reply 33
My cousin went there. Lets just say she didnt rave about.
Reply 34
Carbon Finger
Leyton isn't ghetto. Leyton sixth form isn't ghetto. You want ghetto go to Golders Green...

WTF:confused: Golders Green more ghetto than Leyton? That's like saying Finchley is more ghetto than East Ham. I dunno what planet you're on..
S.R
WTF:confused: Golders Green more ghetto than Leyton? That's like saying Finchley is more ghetto than East Ham. I dunno what planet you're on..

A ghetto is a Jewish slum it was a poor joke but if you've been to Golders Green you'll know what I mean.
Reply 36
Carbon Finger
A ghetto is a Jewish slum it was a poor joke but if you've been to Golders Green you'll know what I mean.

Omds, only on TSR, people here always gotta have some witty comeback. I just knew it from when you said that place it was gonna be some sad nerdy history joke cos that is the only concievable explanation for your description of Golders Green as ghetto. But even so it's poor because a) theres not even that many, Stamford Hill has way more(from what i've seen) and b) it's not a segregated jewish slum other people apart from jews live there and it looks nice. You should have said Southhall because that place really is a ghetto imo a) EVERYBODY is Indian there b)the area is kinda **** c) EVERYTHING is converted to suit Indians, the train station sign is in Indian (yeah yeah no such thing as indian i obviously dont know which Indian language it was in) the mcdonalds sign is in Indian, the mcdonalds plays indian music, the mcdonalds sells Indian food etc
Reply 37
S.R
Omds, only on TSR, people here always gotta have some witty comeback. I just knew it from when you said that place it was gonna be some sad nerdy history joke cos that is the only concievable explanation for your description of Golders Green as ghetto. But even so it's poor because a) theres not even that many, Stamford Hill has way more(from what i've seen) and b) it's not a segregated jewish slum other people apart from jews live there and it looks nice. You should have said Southhall because that place really is a ghetto imo a) EVERYBODY is Indian there b)the area is kinda **** c) EVERYTHING is converted to suit Indians, the train station sign is in Indian (yeah yeah no such thing as indian i obviously dont know which Indian language it was in) the mcdonalds sign is in Indian, the mcdonalds plays indian music, the mcdonalds sells Indian food etc

Is that seriously true?:confused:
Reply 38
Junaid16
Is that seriously true?:confused:

What part of it?
Reply 39
S.R
What part of it?

The train station sign,being in Indian,aswell the Mcdonalds,etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending