The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

When will I get my accommodation offer?

Hello Everyone,

I am a postgraduate international student with an unconditional offer to study Human Resource Management MA at LUBS. I have submitted my accommodation application before the deadline.
I noticed that many people already were assigned rooms. When shall I expect to hear from the accommodation office?

P.S. I have chosen Sentinel Towers as my first choice? Is it considered as popular residence or will i easily get allocated there?

Also.. are there any international students who were assigned rooms?
Reply 1
I am also a international postgrad and I have not received an accomodation offer as yet. I guess we get our a bit later than the rest. I chose Montague Burton due to its proximity to the campus.
With regards to Sentinel, I hear its a a bit farther than Leodis and Monatgue Burton... about 15mins from the campus I presume.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
aren't you orried about sharing the bathroom with 4 other flat mates??
This fact is worrying me a lot... I think I will refuse my offer and get accommodation at the Plaza
Reply 3
I asked about the shared bathroom situation and was told its not often a problem. The bathroom situation doesn't bother me as long as it is clean.
What is the cost of rooms at the Plaza?
Reply 4
its about 110 pounds per week
Reply 5
hmmm. I haven;t received my accommodations offer as yet. However, I have been looking at IQ. Its affordable and en-suite.
Where r u from and when did you receive your offer? Should i be worried that I haven't received one?
Reply 6
I am originally from Iraq but I live in Amman Jordan and I will be studying Human Resource Management MA. I received my offer Yesterday evening.
Don't worry, if you applied before the first of July you will surely be made an offer soon.

I also liked the IQ but it seemed a bit far from the Business School. I am now looking into the Triangle but I'm not sure they offer single-sex rooms. Will be waiting to hear back from them, if it didn't work out I tihnk i'll be reserving a place at The Plaza which is much more closer than the IQ.

Where are you from?
Reply 7
I am from Jamaica and I will be doing an MA in International Communication. I am unaware of the proximity of IQ or Montague Burton from my school. How did you find out?

You are the first person that I heard mentioning the Plaza as a location for accomodations. If all else fails for me, I may look there.

I hope everything works out for you. Keep me posted as I may be going through a similar situation. have you gotten your student visa as yet?
Reply 8
well Ive been using google map and google earth... the Business School is in the far western part of the uni and whenever I find out about a certain accommodation i look it up on the maps to see how close it is compared to other and compared to the ones mentioned in the university guide.

Yes I have received my visa about 3 days ago. There's a weight lifted off my shoulder. Good luck with yours.

Did you get the accommodation offer yet?
Reply 9
I have still not received my visa. Its almost a month since I applied. I try not to let it bother me but I really want it sorted out!

I sill have not received an offer from the University, I guess it fitting as I cant accept it until I have received my visa. I will be definitely looking at google map/earth today as I need the specs on the accomodations closest to ICS and the library.

Congrats on getting a place at the Triangle. What the cost p/w?
Reply 10
My guess is don't worry about the Visa if you've got your finances and your CAS statement covered. Wish you the best of luck. I know how worrying the process is and a huge weight was lifted off my shoulder when I finally received my visa.

As for the accommodation. I don't think you should worry about paying the deposit. It is refundable if you didn't get a visa.

The Triangle is 100 ppw... from the looks of it it seems nice and quite.. it is newly built and I managed to get a room in a flat occupied by 2 girls only which is a relief.
Best of luck.. let me know what happens :smile:

Latest