The Student Room Group
PennyCrayon
Hello, I was just wondering what exactly one would be expected to wear to an induction evening at tescos? I mean would they expect me to dress up or should i just go for smart casual or does it even matter?

Cheers :smile:

Oooooh lol....I just started working at Tesco and the induction was alright...dragged on a bit but I don't think it matters so much what you wear, some had jeans on and some had smart trousers and they didn't pay too much attention tbh...Hope this post isn't too late...Good luck x
Reply 2
With any interview, induction or whatever, if you don't know what to wear it's always better to dress too smart than too casual. Don't bother with a suit, but smart trousers are always a good idea.
Reply 3
had the induction a few days ago! Went for smart casual so it was all good :smile: It dragged on for ages...all those videos! Good grief. But since then have worked a shift on checkouts and love it :biggrin: Thanks for ur advice
PennyCrayon
But since then have worked a shift on checkouts and love it :biggrin:

Theres no need to lie.
Reply 5
Tesco invited me for induction after a successful interview but when I turned up for it they decided I hadnt been offered a job.
sr4470
Tesco invited me for induction after a successful interview but when I turned up for it they decided I hadnt been offered a job.

I would take that more of a blessing than anything else.
Reply 7
sequence123
I would take that more of a blessing than anything else.

Any job is better than none...
sr4470
Any job is better than none...

And most jobs are better than working for Tesco's.
Reply 9
sequence123
And most jobs are better than working for Tesco's.

Even mcdonalds?
No, not MacDonalds.
Reply 11
sequence123
No, not MacDonalds.

Not that I've gotten into either, so I wouldnt really know...
Oh God the videos were so boring lol! sr4470 that's so bad of them! Although to be honest I'm finding it so dull and people can be really, really rude! Hate working there! I'm also beginning to worry cos on Friday this guy spent like £140 and gave me this massive book of non scan coupons which I began to start counting but it was huge and lots of them were like £2 ones...anyway he said it was enough so I just trusted him :redface: which was probably a really bad thing to do, and now I'm worried he was trying it on :confused: gahhh!

Tesco gives me headache but the staff/managers are ok and it's relatively good pay, just completely boring!

Anyone else work there and find that it makes them lose the will to live? :p:
Are the staff there in a trade union? I'm thinking the full timers are at least.
Reply 14
InterCity125
Are the staff there in a trade union? I'm thinking the full timers are at least.

Yeah the Tesco staff are all part of the union, as long as you dign up to it when you first start (i didn't, i wasn't planning on striking or giving them my money)

To the first poster, wear smart clothes that are dark blue, at least the top, you usually look silly if you turn up wearing other colours.

And yes, Tesco is much better than mcd's

Latest

Trending

Trending