The Student Room Group

Which will be better for me?

hello, everyone, I got my BBA and MBA degree in Accounting from Dhaka University, Bangladesh. Now I am going to have an MSc. in Finance and Economics from Manchester Business School..I want to study ACA.. but I will need a training contract for that.... can anybody suggest me that which would be an appropriate degree and university for me to enter...so that I can get into Earnst&Young?...I am unable to efford any of LSE,Oxford, Wareck,Cambridge...please lemme know....I have option to study in Lancaster,Bath, Manchester,Leeds.....what does accounting firms appreciate most?Gimme total suggestions
Reply 1
I'm not sure I understand, you already have a Bachelors AND a Masters in Business Adminstration, and you want to get another Masters?

Firstly, it seems that you already have the qualifications to get a training contract, now you should focus more on getting relevant experience in my opinion, assuming that you haven't already. I for instance got my training contract straight after my Bachelors degree, but I did have quite a bit of relevant work experience and I also indulged in many extra curricular activities while at university.

I suggest you look at the entry requirements section of the websites for individual firms, and I am sure they will tell you that a 2:1 degree and a decent set of A-Levels will suffice. But if you really want a further degree then I would advise either Manchester or Bath for your masters, although I really don't think you need it.

Secondly, why are you only interested in Ernst & Young? There are many other training firms including the other firms of the Big 4 (PwC, KPMG and Deloitte). Also don't ignore the medium sized firms either such as Grant Thornton, Baker Tilly, BDO Stoy Hayward, RSM Robson Rhodes, Smith & Williamson, Tenon, PKF, Kingston Smith etc which are also EXCELLENT places to get a training contract.
Reply 2
tHANKS for your reply.. I am got my Bachelors degree and MBA from Bangladesh.. I dont have any UK qualifications...thats why I want to have an UK qualification... otherwise it is pretty tough for overseas graduates like me to secure a training contract .... I need a Work Permit to work in UK.... Moreover employers will be looking for an Uk qualification.... so could you please tell me which posgraduATE degree will be better for me from the following in order to secure a training contract--

1.Msc. finance and Economics-Manchester Business school
2. Msc. Accounting and Finance-Bath University
3. Msc Acocunting and Finance-Leeds Business School
4. Msc. Money, Banking , Finance-Lancaster Management School

Provided that I graduated in Accounting and got my MBA major Accounting
From which university do u think that it is easier to secure a training contract for an Bangladeshi Graduate like me .....
Reply 3
tHANKS for your reply.. I am got my Bachelors degree and MBA from Bangladesh.. I dont have any UK qualifications...thats why I want to have an UK qualification... otherwise it is pretty tough for overseas graduates like me to secure a training contract .... I need a Work Permit to work in UK.... Moreover employers will be looking for an Uk qualification.... so could you please tell me which posgraduATE degree will be better for me from the following in order to secure a training contract--

1.Msc. finance and Economics-Manchester Business school
2. Msc. Accounting and Finance-Bath University
3. Msc Acocunting and Finance-Leeds Business School
4. Msc. Money, Banking , Finance-Lancaster Management School

Provided that I graduated in Accounting and got my MBA major Accounting
From which university do u think that it is easier to secure a training contract for an Bangladeshi Graduate like me .....
KingsComp
I'm not sure I understand, you already have a Bachelors AND a Masters in Business Adminstration, and you want to get another Masters?

Firstly, it seems that you already have the qualifications to get a training contract, now you should focus more on getting relevant experience in my opinion, assuming that you haven't already. I for instance got my training contract straight after my Bachelors degree, but I did have quite a bit of relevant work experience and I also indulged in many extra curricular activities while at university.

I suggest you look at the entry requirements section of the websites for individual firms, and I am sure they will tell you that a 2:1 degree and a decent set of A-Levels will suffice. But if you really want a further degree then I would advise either Manchester or Bath for your masters, although I really don't think you need it.

Secondly, why are you only interested in Ernst & Young? There are many other training firms including the other firms of the Big 4 (PwC, KPMG and Deloitte). Also don't ignore the medium sized firms either such as Grant Thornton, Baker Tilly, BDO Stoy Hayward, RSM Robson Rhodes, Smith & Williamson, Tenon, PKF, Kingston Smith etc which are also EXCELLENT places to get a training contract.
Reply 4
Y the same post twice?

Latest

Trending

Trending