The Student Room Group

primary pgce at coleraine

Just wondering if there is anyone out there who is about to start a primary PGCE, or has completed one at Coleraine University? Am starting in Sept and its the not knowing that panics me the most!:eek:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ditto. Registration on Tuesday. Must admit I'm really nervous. I've no idea what to expect but am waiting with anticipation. Can't wait to start. Everyone just says it'll be a hard year but worth it!!:smile:
Reply 2
Hi

I am in the middle of applying for the primary PGCE in Coleraine for next September and I was just wondering if you had any tips for the application and interview. any advice would be great :smile:
Reply 3
Hi :smile: I was wondering if there is anyone out there who has applied to the Primary PGCE at Coleraine? Have you received word back or interview dates? Any who has completed it? Any interview advice would be great. Many thanks! :smile:
Reply 4
Hi I've also applied to PGCE primary at Coleraine still haven't got word back from application yet have you? :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by DavinaS
Hi I've also applied to PGCE primary at Coleraine still haven't got word back from application yet have you? :smile:

Hi, yes I had my story telling session but it didn't go so good. Have you had yours? :smile:
Reply 6
Hi Kerri I was getting so worried hadn't heard anything just got my letter today for storytelling but its not until mid feb. Seems so late. Better late than never I guess lol.

Why do you think it didn't go so good?
Have you applied to any other PGCE'S anywhere else? :smile:
Reply 7
I have heard they can be quite late, glad you heard. There is nothing worse. I live a good distance away from Coleraine so I just about made it on time and everything just seemed to be over in a flash, not expecting an interview. I have also applied to Edinburgh, have an interview on the 1st of Feb. Although I would love to go to Coleraine. Have you applied anywhere else? :smile:
Reply 8
Same as I'm quite a distance from Coleraine so ill leave in good time. My degree is in English so I've also applied to queens for secondary teaching as well as primary wouldn't mind either. I don't want to go across the water so my options are here just. I know it's competitive. But will just try my best.

Did they ask any questions about the story the chose? How many people listened to the story telling? I'd imagine 3 possibly.

Do you have much experiences?

I hope you get on great in Edinburgh. You never know you might get an interview, time will tell don't give up yet. :smile: x
Reply 9
Hi I've also applied to coleraine, I had my storytelling before Christmas. They don't ask any questions, your in and out. I don't feel mine went went, but still hoping. I also applied for glasgow and had interview, didn't feel that went great, just hope I get in somewhere.
Reply 10
There were two people , one wrote and the other listened. :smile:
Reply 11
Hi Aoife, thanks. My storytelling seems so late compared to everyone else although I'm just glad I've got to at least this stage. Still haven't picked a story undecided... Did you take props ect?... It seems so quick in and out I was expecting questions like why did you pick this specific story? Ect... Did they tell you when you would hear back if your storytelling was successful? :smile:
Hi DavinaS,

I completed the storytelling interview in November and got word last week saying that I have progressed to the next stage of the application process - my formal interview is in 2 weeks. Hope this helps you a little and I hope you get good news!!
Reply 13
Hi GlitterAndStars, :smile:

Aww that's brilliant news for you. Good luck hope it all goes well. :smile:

I only got word on Friday that I've the storytelling and its not until 4 weeks time seems so long away. They must be doing it in batches.

How did the storytelling go? So hard to pick a story for only 5 minutes. Did you get asked anything about the story you picked ect... You may not want to answer these questions, if not no worries. :smile:
There are two people in the interview and you don't get asked any questions at all. You go in, tell them the name of your selected story and go straight into it. You will probably be in a large room with lots of other people before your interview. The key is to not panic and stay calm - although I was a bag of nerves!
Hope you do fantastically, good luck and I hope to see you in September :smile:
Reply 15
Aww that's a great help. Thank you so much. I've a few story's in mind have a while yet but will get one perfected. Have you much experience? You finishing your degree at present or working? :smile:
Reply 16
I have quite a bit of experience, it's something I have always wanted to do so I have tried to build it up while at uni! Have you?
oh I don't know about edinburgh but can only try :smile: would prefer coleraine! Are you getting prepared?
Reply 17
Yeah I work as a special needs classroom assistant in a primary school for the last 3 years so I know teaching is definitely what I want to do and nowadays e time for me to do PGCE having gathered experience. I haven't decided on a story yet. Anything I think is good runs over 5 mins and I don't want to be cut off doing my story. Just want to make sure I pick the right story but then scared to pick something everyone else may do because they might be fed up hearing it if you know what I mean lol :smile:
Reply 18
Hi all,
I also have my storytelling in mid Feb. I have to say I'm a bit nervous. I would be grateful of any storytelling ideas or advice you may have? Do they just cut you off if your story isn't finished in 5 minutes?
Reply 19
Hi Breeds, yes apparently it's only allowed to be 5mins. I still haven't picked a story yet. Is this your first year applying? Where did you do your degree? And what subject? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest