The Student Room Group

Americans applying to university in the UK

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Has anyone received an offer? You all submitted UCAS a month or more ago. I thought schools responded within two or so weeks? But maybe it is not so quick?

I am just being impatient. I WANT TO GO TO COLLEGE (I mean... UNIVERSITY)! haha :tongue:
Original post by acbi3
Has anyone received an offer? You all submitted UCAS a month or more ago. I thought schools responded within two or so weeks? But maybe it is not so quick?

I am just being impatient. I WANT TO GO TO COLLEGE (I mean... UNIVERSITY)! haha :tongue:

Some people received an offer. York, Edinburgh, and St. Andrews. But you'll have a bit to go for Edinburgh. The lady emailed me and told me they were running behind this year. You could expect the end of the month/first week of next month from Edinburgh. KCL and SOAS will be a while. QMUL could be any day for you. Manchester has given offers already to UK students, so you should also hear from them any day.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 582
heyy,
just saw this thread--im from NY (i go to high school in MD though)
wondering who else is applying to cambridge (if so what college?) and/or imperial...
when do they usually let us know for interviews?
Reply 583
Original post by adam0311
Some people received an offer. York, Edinburgh, and St. Andrews. But you'll have a bit to go for Edinburgh. The lady emailed me and told me they were running behind this year. You could expect the end of the month/first week of next month from Edinburgh. KCL and SOAS will be a while. QMUL could be any day for you. Manchester has given offers already to UK students, so you should also hear from them any day.

Thank you for the information. I guess patience will just have to be key to hear back from some of those schools.

I wish you all the best with your offers!
Original post by acbi3
Thank you for the information. I guess patience will just have to be key to hear back from some of those schools.

I wish you all the best with your offers!

Thanks!

Yes, the email I received from Edinburgh actually recognized that the process was going slower than expected. As long as I receive an offer I am a happy camper!
Speaking of Edinburgh, I got an unconditional from them this afternoon! :biggrin:
Original post by PaulBearer
Speaking of Edinburgh, I got an unconditional from them this afternoon! :biggrin:

No way! That's great, congratulations! When did you apply?

Forgive the nosiness, I'm so past the point of desperation. :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
Heh, don't apologize. I applied October 15th, right on the Oxford deadline. Given that it's taking so long for everyone else I'm actually pretty surprised I got an offer so soon. Maybe it's just the course I chose?
Heh, don't apologize. I applied October 15th, right on the Oxford deadline. Given that it's taking so long for everyone else I'm actually pretty surprised I got an offer so soon. Maybe it's just the course I chose?

Still, that's super exciting! You must have had a great record, too, to hear back so quickly. What course did you apply for?

AH! CONGRATS!! :biggrin:

You'll have to let me know if you ever the information packet on all that good university stuff that they said they would send. Because I for one have not!!
(edited 13 years ago)

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :congrats:
Just got a conditional offer from Edinburgh today! :smile: (I applied on October 15th).
Original post by orange zombie
Just got a conditional offer from Edinburgh today! :smile: (I applied on October 15th).

Nice!
(edited 13 years ago)
Hi everybody, just found this site recently, and just got up the courage to post. :tongue:

Any fellow Americans applying for biomedical sciences (or Medical Sciences at Edinburgh)? The wait for offers and such is craaaazy, but I'm glad I found a bunch of other people in the same boat.

Best of luck to everybody, though! can't believe some of you all are getting offers already!!! :eek:
Original post by Clementiney921

Hi everybody, just found this site recently, and just got up the courage to post. :tongue:

Any fellow Americans applying for biomedical sciences (or Medical Sciences at Edinburgh)? The wait for offers and such is craaaazy, but I'm glad I found a bunch of other people in the same boat.

Best of luck to everybody, though! can't believe some of you all are getting offers already!!! :eek:

Not me, i haven't got any offers yet because im still waiting for my test results.
But as soon as i get it, which is gonna be next week or so, ill submit my application right away.

Good luck on your application! :h:
I was thinking of applying to biomedical science before, but i choose biology instead.
I got an offer to Edinburgh today!!!!

I was not expecting it at all. I checked my status at the equivalent of 12 there time when I woke up. Went out and when I came home I was like there's no way that I'll have gotten an offer it's Friday. Sure enough got an email track had updated! Much happier now. I just have to get a 3.0 cumulative average in my joint enrollment classes. Also have to get a 3.0 in English Comp I and English Comp II.
Original post by kristinaalovesu
Not me, i haven't got any offers yet because im still waiting for my test results.
But as soon as i get it, which is gonna be next week or so, ill submit my application right away.

Good luck on your application! :h:
I was thinking of applying to biomedical science before, but i choose biology instead.

Thanks, you too! :smile:

Uh-oh, I submitted my application with many of my tests (mainly APs) as "pending." Will that affect any chances at offers? :s-smilie: crapppp now i'm nervous.

Thanks, you too! :smile:

Uh-oh, I submitted my application with many of my tests (mainly APs) as "pending." Will that affect any chances at offers? :s-smilie: crapppp now i'm nervous.

Why pending? Are you just about to take the AP Test on May and you're waiting for their requirements if they give you a conditional offer?
I think you'll be alright. I would do that, but i ust want everything complete when i submit it so that i dont have to worry later on :p:
Reply 598
I just received an unconditional offer from the University of Edinburgh this afternoon!!
Original post by acbi3

Original post by acbi3
I just received an unconditional offer from the University of Edinburgh this afternoon!!

:zomg: Congratulations! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest