The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Need Accommodation

Seen loads of people with this problem on these forums already. Basically i was given no where to live by the uni and told to find a house (no exaggeration). I'm pretty annoyed that 1st years aren't guaranteed a place in student accommodation.
However that won't solve anything. Just wanted to suggest that if anyone is in a similar position i'd be happy to look for accommodation with them. I figure it'd only be like moving into halls in the sense we wouldn't know each other.
I can't see the uni being any further help as they have provided no help whatsoever so far and i'm not going to rely on them.
Suggestions would be helpful just panicking slightly now ha :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Ring up/ email these places:

Pavilions
junxion
Park court
danesgate house
brayford court
brayford quays
hayes wharf

and see if they have any rooms/ can put you on a waiting list.
Failing that ring up club easy or if you really have to..Lighthouse an see if they have any rooms left in any of their houses.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
alexxxturner
Seen loads of people with this problem on these forums already. Basically i was given no where to live by the uni and told to find a house (no exaggeration). I'm pretty annoyed that 1st years aren't guaranteed a place in student accommodation.
However that won't solve anything. Just wanted to suggest that if anyone is in a similar position i'd be happy to look for accommodation with them. I figure it'd only be like moving into halls in the sense we wouldn't know each other.
I can't see the uni being any further help as they have provided no help whatsoever so far and i'm not going to rely on them.

I'm in exactly the same situation! They were my firm choice, sent my form in really early but still no accomodation:frown:
I was soo annoyed and the accomodation team didn't help me at all..i haven't even received any letter saying there is no accomodation left...i had to ring them to find out.

So far i've rang around just about all of the private halls..but they seem fully booked. I'm on a waiting list that the accomodation people have.. but i have no idea how many other people are it on - im probably about the 100th person lol.

Soo i feel like i'm running out of choices now and the only thing left to do is to try and get a shared house! I'd be interested in sharing a house with you & some other first years :smile: i suppose it is like moving into halls :smile: and i'm soo not relying on the uni either...i think they should at least put a group of first years together who have no accomodation and maybe suggest a few private sector houses to them or something.
Reply 3
If you look on some facebook groups, there are people saying they have rooms spare in their houses. I'm in Lincoln at the moment and there are loads of houses with signs up outside saying they're still available for renting by students.
How many companies have you rang/been in touch with?
Reply 4
CreativeGirl
I'm in exactly the same situation! They were my firm choice, sent my form in really early but still no accomodation:frown:
I was soo annoyed and the accomodation team didn't help me at all..i haven't even received any letter saying there is no accomodation left...i had to ring them to find out.

So far i've rang around just about all of the private halls..but they seem fully booked. I'm on a waiting list that the accomodation people have.. but i have no idea how many other people are it on - im probably about the 100th person lol.

Soo i feel like i'm running out of choices now and the only thing left to do is to try and get a shared house! I'd be interested in sharing a house with you & some other first years :smile: i suppose it is like moving into halls :smile: and i'm soo not relying on the uni either...i think they should at least put a group of first years together who have no accomodation and maybe suggest a few private sector houses to them or something.

Well i don't think the uni will do anything more. So basically i've been talking to 1 other person for definate and 2 other possible people. I'm going to Lincoln on Saturday to look at houses if you are interested i could let you know what i find. I'm going to look at maybe 5 or 6 person houses so if anyone else is interested there will be room. :smile:
Reply 5
Sounds like a good idea mate. I might be interested 'cause I don't think there's much left anywhere else. Do you live near Lincoln?
Reply 6
Basically I've found a room in a private house which Ive liked. its like 15 mins to the uni but like 2 mins away from the shops.

the landlord still has rooms available if you want his number i can provide it to you.

I also just got off the phone from accommodation office, I was on the waiting list and they offered my a room in the pavilions. i rejected as its a great deal more expensive than the private house i found. 4300 a year compared to 2870 a year.
Reply 7
BrokenGlass
Sounds like a good idea mate. I might be interested 'cause I don't think there's much left anywhere else. Do you live near Lincoln?

Nah not really but figured i'm gonna have to go down at some point. Do you want to get in touch?
alexxxturner
Well i don't think the uni will do anything more. So basically i've been talking to 1 other person for definate and 2 other possible people. I'm going to Lincoln on Saturday to look at houses if you are interested i could let you know what i find. I'm going to look at maybe 5 or 6 person houses so if anyone else is interested there will be room. :smile:

Yeah if you could let me know if you find any good ones, then that would be cool :smile: ..i've been talking to a few other people who need rooms so i could maybe see if anyone else is interested aswell:smile:
Reply 9
I'm interested :smile: I would prefer to be with freshers than move in with a house full of 2nd or 3rd years that have a spare room. I was tryin to see if I could organise to see places this weekend but can't find a place to view!
alexxxturner
Nah not really but figured i'm gonna have to go down at some point. Do you want to get in touch?

Nah, I was just wondering haha. I can't get down this weekend anyway, but send me a message or just post in the thread if you find anything. :smile:

I tried ringing up some places but most of them didn't answer.
salawat
Basically I've found a room in a private house which Ive liked. its like 15 mins to the uni but like 2 mins away from the shops.

the landlord still has rooms available if you want his number i can provide it to you.

I also just got off the phone from accommodation office, I was on the waiting list and they offered my a room in the pavilions. i rejected as its a great deal more expensive than the private house i found. 4300 a year compared to 2870 a year.

I am in the same situation as everyone here and just wondered if you know if there is any rooms avaliable at the pavillions as salawat you said you rejected it, was this for a ensuite or studio? if i cant find any halls then i am interested in a house share with other first years.
Reply 12
there arn't really any rooms left they're just working through the waiting list now, so some may be lucky and get offered places however it would be unwise to assume that you will be offered a place.
Reply 13
I'm in exactly the same situation, sooo worried! thinking of deferring a year cos of it. i looked on that student pad thing they recommended but cant really get to lincoln to house hunt!

this looks quite close, no pictures tho.
http://www.lincolnstudentpad.co.uk/Accommodation-Details.asp?houseref=2425&PageIndex=7&selArang=&l=&p=&selCampus=0&selArea=1&selProp=Rent&groupTown=Lincoln&selTown=26&selType=3&selBeds=0&selSize=0&selPriceBand=0&selAvailability=Any&txtQuickSearch=&agent=&subAgentSearch.x=&advancedSearch=&bathcount=&tubestation=&streetPostcode=&x=21&y=6
who else in here is willing to do a house share? we can sort out getting a house together? all freshers should meet to get a house sorted, if halls is out of the picture.
Reply 15
Im a fresher who has got any accommodation atm.

Same thing happened as someone stated above, Uni won't help and tbh private halls suck [As much as I love Sky Sports, it isn't going to make me pay £93.00 p/w for a lame ass room]

Bit of advice, student launchpad is way out of date. I've been down to Lincoln there's plently available in the West End. I'm looking at house sharing in the LN2 area but would rather mix with freshers. So if you guys find anything of interest message me please.
Reply 16
Also just in addition to the above, not having accommodation isn't the best but I know someone from Facebook who said they found out yesterday they had their place deferred. They can't even get clearing now. So yeah atleast we all got in.
Reply 17
alexxxturner

I know how you feel. the uni offered no help, I found a shared house through Clubeasy about 20 minutes ago. There arent many rooms left so i'd advise you to jump on it! Goodluck! :eek3:
Reply 18
Just gained a clearing place through Lincoln today (I know, last minute decision!) and need accommodation too! Any one else still looking? :smile:
Reply 19
Hi I've PM'd a few people here about this so check your messages, I'm in the same situation so it'd be great to find a house with some first years.

Quick Reply

Latest