The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
I'd assume so. All other courses start lectures the second week, so probably wouldn't be able to make those events :/
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
it's not fair :cry2:
so what do non medics get?=S
sounds like something I could sneak into

Dogdogdogcat, you're on the blueprints, the rest of you compile a list of the medical freshers and their primary vices and allergies
Reply 5
The freshers fortnight is run by ICSMSU, so is for those doing Medicine, Biomedical Sciences and Pharmacology.

ICU will be running a freshers week ("Welcome Week"), although the ICSM events have a tendency to be better :tongue:
nika91
it's not fair :cry2:

i know! why don't engineers have one?
Reply 7
VersaEmerge
i know! why don't engineers have one?

we should organize sth on our own during 2nd week then :wink:
nika91
we should organize sth on our own during 2nd week then :wink:

we WILL organise sth on the 2nd week :yep:
Reply 9
Falmouth Hall organises things for 2 weeks. So do many other halls.
Reply 10
Ali_

ICSM events have a tendency to be better :tongue:

If you can include being sick all over yourself as in the 'better' category.

Apparently Reynolds made a loss last year because people didn't buy enough to drink. Judging by the medics on my floor stumbling home at 6am, they must have been in a minority....
BananaNinja
I'd assume so. All other courses start lectures the second week, so probably wouldn't be able to make those events :/

Last year medics started proper lectures on the Thursday of the first week...
pangea
If you can include being sick all over yourself as in the 'better' category.

Apparently Reynolds made a loss last year because people didn't buy enough to drink. Judging by the medics on my floor stumbling home at 6am, they must have been in a minority....

Slightly misleading: they made a loss because Wednesday (sports night) and Friday (bop night) are arguably the only nights people frequent the Reynolds en masse. You're friends are definitely not in the minority, judging by the omnipresent smell of snakebite/sick on entering the building for a 9am lecture... :indiff:

Edit: Sorry if it sounds like I've got my head up my own arse - that wasn't the aim. And anyone can go to medic events in theory - I got with a biologist at Roadshow :awesome:
Blatant Troll
Slightly misleading: they made a loss because Wednesday (sports night) and Friday (bop night) are arguably the only nights people frequent the Reynolds en masse. You're friends are definitely not in the minority, judging by the omnipresent smell of snakebite/sick on entering the building for a 9am lecture... :indiff:

Edit: Sorry if it sounds like I've got my head up my own arse - that wasn't the aim. And anyone can go to medic events in theory - I got with a biologist at Roadshow :awesome:

Was just about to say there was a biologist in our drinking circle during the Roadshow. Also met a mathematician during Mums and Dads. Regarding ICSM and Union events, of course they are subjective but I will never forget the immense atmosphere and sound of 300 med students (plus BMS/PTMS ppl) together chanting ICSM and swearing the oath to the phoenix under the roofs of Reynolds. :yep:
Reply 14
Blatant Troll

Yeh sorry, my implication was that I have no idea how Reynolds could have made a loss given how drunk my friends got. I went once. That was enough for me, I'll tell you that much. If I hear anyone shout 'waterfall' I still cry with fear.

Latest

Trending

Trending