The Student Room Group

Television Production at UCLAN?

Is UCLAN only amazing for Film Prod? Or is it really good for television production aswell.
Short question, probably not worth a thread but I'm just curious.
Anyone do Television Production that can tell me what they think?
UCLan is good for both. The Film Prod 2nd Year's have made a feature film this year and they're a pretty tight group. Some mint people on that course (as well as in First Year) so it probably wont change. The TV Prod course is good, but because it's a BSc it tends to push towards the technical side rather than the creative side. However, there is still room to be inventive with with what you do. There's a decent studio that you can use and although you don't do too much in there for your first year, you use it virtually all the time beyond then, depending on what modules you take.

Oh, and the head lecturer for the course won 'Lecturer of the Year' at UCLan's Student Experience Awards.

I hope this has helped and good luck with whatever you choose to do.
Reply 2
I do TV Production and I absolutely love it :smile: The studio is brilliant, the lecturer is brilliant, and theres a real team atmosphere on the course :smile: The best thing to do is come have a look round x
Reply 3
I'm a second year undergrad doing TV production at UCLan and I love it :biggrin: the course is great, the facilities are really good (a great TV studio). This year i've been in it constantly making TV shows, which is awesome. One of the great things was that we each got to create and direct our own show in the studio, something that other courses may not get to do.. The lecturers are all really good and so is the uni generally really :smile: as Becky says, come and have a look around :smile:
Reply 4
I really rate TV Production at UCLan. The first year was a little bit slow and more time could be spent in the studio, however in second year it's been much more hands on and a lot more time is spent in there. You are given freedom to pitch ideas and implement them into your own short show or preview making the course much more enjoyable.

You'll also undergo more in depth learning into the technical aspects of the studio and how it functions. Whilst this can sometimes be slightly tedious with regards to assignments, I guarantee it will benefit you in the long run and you'll be glad.

Also, the lecturer is a legend. He understands there's only really one real way to learn how to work in a TV Studio and that's to just do it and learn and improve as you spend more time in there.

Preston on the whole is a student city really, it's buzzing during term time but dull during the holidays. With 30,000 students, some decent places to go out, cheapness everywhere and of course the decent course, I recommend TV Production at UCLan.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending