The Student Room Group

AS ICT coursework remark (G062)

In my G062 AS ICT coursework, I was awarded 77/80 by my teacher. This was effectively full marks since we did not attempt the macro task, which I believe was worth 3 marks. In my final results, my mark was dropped down to 62/80. Two of my peers lost 15 marks each as well, and ended up getting a C, where as they would have gotten an A with their original coursework marks.

15 marks is a lot of marks to lose based on an opinion, and I'm certain my coursework completed every task to the mark scheme and was worth more than 62 marks. However, my school will not remark the coursework because it means they would have to send everybody's coursework off for a remark because of the way the system works. If this is in fact true, I find it ridiculously that I am getting 15 marks less than I deserve simply because my school cannot afford to pay hundreds of pounds. I am perfectly happy with funding my own remark, but apparently it is not possible to send off one piece of coursework on its own.

Why is this not possible? My A2 course now becomes 15 marks harder, through absolutely no fault of my own. If I feel that my coursework was inadequately marked, effectively costing me or other people university places, I should be able to have my coursework marked by a moderator, without it being part of a sample. The fact that it was impossible to get an A in the coursework means that I, and others, are put at a severe disadvantage. It is completely unfair that I have a disadvantage against many other schools across the country through no fault of my own.

Is there anything I can do?

Latest

Trending

Trending