The Student Room Group

Where to put work experience??

Ok I have been picking everything apart and found this on the RVC website for the graduated Vet course

"You must state clearly on your UCAS application form the dates and length of time spent on each work experience."

However, on the UCAS form it says this:
If you have not had any paid work experience, you can leave this section blank, but you will need to mark it as complete.

So if my Vet work experience wasn't paid where do I put it??? I am guessing I will put it in employment anyway?
Personal statement?
Reply 2
I did two weeks unpaid work experience, and I included it in my personal statement. Granted I'm not applying for the same course as you.
Reply 3
I have put that I spent a week here etc etc in my PS
but it says specific dates and length of time?
Reply 4
i just posted this question in the personal statement thread :smile: i'm guessing you attatch an additional sheet but i'm in the process of finding out :P
you put it in your PS
Reply 6
I put at my week at blah blah blah.....but the dates and length of time? Thats going to use up silly amounts of characters to put September 25 for one week? For each work experience?
Pretty much like everyone else said, you put it in your personal statement. It may seem obvious, but mention where you did the work experience how long for, what you gained from it and the skills you learnt etc etc. And if they ask you about it in an interview you can tell them all about it.
Hope this helps.
Reply 8
It doesn't go in the 'form' part of your UCAS - that is purely for actualy paid employment etc.

It needs to go in your PS, but most people simply cannot fit all that detail in and end up just putting "during two weeks at a stables..." etc. I know RVC state they want dates, but I know plenty of people who just did like I've mentioned above and got interviews/offers.

A lot of people write up a more detailed 'cover sheet' type thing to send/give with references, listing dates and full addresses of places.
Reply 9
thanks for all your help and advice guys.... also on the RVC site it says that it is NOT necessary to send extra references from work placements? I want to !! lol
Reply 10
misswager
thanks for all your help and advice guys.... also on the RVC site it says that it is NOT necessary to send extra references from work placements? I want to !! lol

You can bring them at interview if you want, I think I did.
Reply 11
Personal Statement and you can ask your teachers to also mention it in your reference.
(edited 13 years ago)
Assuming RVC do the same as last year - when calling people for interview they sent out a form to complete for work experience details (one sheet per placement with address, dates and brief description of what you did.) They also accepted references at that point.

And in reponse to the above post, I wouldn't suggest getting your referee to write much about your placements in their section - it is much more important that they cover the academic side for you. Whilst the unis would expect you to be discussing what you learnt from your placements - which your referee obviously can't do!

Latest

Trending

Trending