The Student Room Group

Would you use sex in order to succeed if it didn't affect anybody but still 'immoral'

Hey TSR,

Let's just say you were faced with the following situations and you could sleep with the person conducting your test / interview and they'd offer you a place / pass and it would not affect other people (i.e. say Oxford is 2000 applicants for 160 places or whatever, there would still be 160 places for others, the course would just have 161 people on it, etc).

1) Admissions into Oxbridge for your 'dream' course - sleep with admissions tutor.

2) Pass your driving test - sleep with driving test examiner.

3) A*A*A* at A-level - sleep with OCR examiner.

4) Achieve your 'dream' job - sleep with employer.

5) Would you still sleep with the person and achieve your goal, this time, if it affected others i.e. in the Oxford example 159 places were left, etc?

ALL is hypothetical, don't start crying over the thread!

I just want to see how much you all value sex and whether you'd give up your morals and accept something you wanted but never worked hard for or couldn't achieve without.

So TSR, be honest, would you have sex with somebody you had no love, affection, lust even, they were old, wrinkly and desperate, just to succeed? If so, please name the events or state using the examples above.

Discuss. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My immediate reaction was 'yes, yes I would', but I think if I actually WAS in that situation, I'd say no then regret it for my whole life because I'd missed out on an opportunity just because I was worried what others would think.
(edited 13 years ago)
I have sex without emotional attachment, it doesn't mean anything to me. However I would be raging if I got 'screwed over' by sleeping with someone because they promised me one of the below situations and then denied it after sex as I'd have no proof. I don't think my answers would be the same if someone knew I was doing it though. So here we go:

1) Admissions into Oxbridge for your 'dream' course - sleep with admissions tutor. Yes, I'd sleep with someone to get ahead.

2) Pass your driving test - sleep with driving test examiner. Yes.

3) A*A*A* at A-level - sleep with OCR examiner. Yes - for some of them, the ones I needed! I wouldn't have done it for Maths though as I really wanted to see how well I could do!

4) Achieve your 'dream' job - sleep with employer. Definitely! Especially with the way the jobs market is now... God, I wish it was that simple...!

5) Would you still sleep with the person and achieve your goal, this time, if it affected others i.e. in the Oxford example 159 places were left, etc? I dunno. I feel guilty saying that I'd do it if I didn't know about the other people, it wouldn't affect me. But maybe I wouldn't do it then if I thought everyone was going to be better than me and earned their place, and I wouldn't be able to keep up after getting in.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
-beads-
Hey TSR,

Let's just say you were faced with the following situations and you could sleep with the person conducting your test / interview and they'd offer you a place / pass and it would not affect other people (i.e. say Oxford is 2000 applicants for 160 places or whatever, there would still be 160 places for others, the course would just have 161 people on it, etc).

1) Admissions into Oxbridge for your 'dream' course - sleep with admissions tutor.

2) Pass your driving test - sleep with driving test examiner.

3) A*A*A* at A-level - sleep with OCR examiner.

4) Achieve your 'dream' job - sleep with employer.

5) Would you still sleep with the person and achieve your goal, this time, if it affected others i.e. in the Oxford example 159 places were left, etc?

ALL is hypothetical, don't start crying over the thread!

I just want to see how much you all value sex and whether you'd give up your morals and accept something you wanted but never worked hard for or couldn't achieve without.

So TSR, be honest, would you have sex with somebody you had no love, affection, lust even, they were old, wrinkly and desperate, just to succeed? If so, please name the events or state using the examples above.

Discuss. :smile:

I don't understand, how is it 'immoral'? I'm not giving up any morals by sleeping with someone.

And my answer to your question is, of course. Why wouldn't you use every available method to get far in life?
What's wrong with that.
Reply 4
Stefan1991
I don't understand, how is it 'immoral'? I'm not giving up any morals by sleeping with someone.

And my answer to your question is, of course. Why wouldn't you use every available method to get far in life?
What's wrong with that.

Selfish, for one.

Also, you didn't earn it.
Reply 5
No.

If I achieve I need to know I have achieved genuinely through my skills and knowledge, not through sleeping my way up the ladder of life.
Reply 6
-beads-
Selfish, for one.

Also, you didn't earn it.

How is it selfish? :s-smilie:

And yes, of course you earned it? How did you figure that one out.
Reply 7
MovingOn
No.

If I achieve I need to know I have achieved genuinely through my skills and knowledge, not through sleeping my way up the ladder of life.

How is it any more genuine? Why do you bother learning skills and knowledge... to move up the ladder. Then why if you can do it by other means why WOULDN'T you do it?
Reply 8
probably, yes
Reply 9
Stefan1991
How is it any more genuine? Why do you bother learning skills and knowledge... to move up the ladder. Then why if you can do it by other means why WOULDN'T you do it?

Because I'd rather use my brain to succeed in life than my pussy, I guess it depends on what your morals and beliefs are, and this suggestion just doesn't sit well with mine.
Reply 10
Think it might depend on what the potential partner looks like - is it Brad Pitt or Michael Douglas?
Why is it immoral? Marshmallow.
Definitely No for all questions.
I most certainly would.
Hmmm I had to think about it for a while I'll admit but my answer is no to them all.
Reply 15
Probably yes :sigh:
No
Reply 17
No, I'd want to know I'd earnt it.
Only one I'd consider would be the dream job, maybe 'cos you can have other chances to prove you deserve a job but only one go at A-Levels etc
And I would have thought I'd say no if it affected someone else, but actually I think I'd respond in the same way, i.e. do it for the job only
Reply 18
.Scout.
Probably yes :sigh:

Why sigh?

Is it something you'd regret?

Why do it if you'd regret?
Reply 19
-beads-
Why sigh?

Is it something you'd regret?

Why do it if you'd regret?

No, not something I'd regret doing at all, I just hope its nothing I would ever have to realistically consider, hence the sigh. Hopefully I'll be able to acheive what I want to do because of my own talents (not sexual ones!) and not acheive them falsely through sleeping with someone with power.

Latest

Trending

Trending