The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

This is why I love having a bus pass, I don't have to talk to the snobby, insane bus drivers we have. It's also nice not having to try and convince them you're a child :awesome:
Reply 101
Oyster card eliminates the need for any human contact on public transport :biggrin:
If I ever pay money, I just give the driver £2 and wait for the ticket to pop out
I don't say a word.

Swip the card, walk on, try to find a seat, if not stand up and think about what I was thinking about before I got on.
Reply 103
Yup, I always use Oyster and don't often forget it :/

If I do have to use money (rare) I don't say much, just "pardon" if the driver says something cause I usually can't hear them clearly without paying attention >_>
If you know how much the bus fare is (e.g. 75p) you can say "75 please".

If you don't know how much the bus fare is, say e.g. "single to Gosforth please" (or "child single" if you are under 16.

Don't forget your P's & Q's! :biggrin:

(hopes nobody notices this is an old thread :ninja:)
Reply 105
"Follow that car" :cool:
Reply 106
*location* please

cheers

about it really..
"have you got change for a £20 note, it's all I have LOL"
"Return to Aberdeen/Peterhead" if on my own
"Concession + 1" if with my mum or sister
"Westburn Drive/St Machar Drive/ARI/Union Square" if using city buses
evenin' guv'nor
Reply 110
Well Liam
Reply 111
Original post by String.

CHEERS
Getting on: "Single/Return to (destination) cheers"
Getting off: "Cheers Drive. "
Reply 113
Morning ?
Start with hello then my destination then how are you. Now my car is all fixed i don't use the bus. Sometimes if it were one of the old busses, the best ones, with side facing seats as you first walk in on the right you can sit and chat to the driver as there is no partition between them and you.
Original post by Tahooper

(hopes nobody notices this is an old thread :ninja:)

:rolleyes:

Don't bump old threads, thanks.

Latest

Trending

Trending