The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Quiet People

Where are you all?
Where are all the people that would rather stay in with a cocoa!
Or listen to rock/punk music!
or discuss science or serious issues
or like stuff that isn't mainstream!
:woo: :eek3: :eek3:

I'm finding it ever so difficult to make friends here.:frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You'll find people, it just takes time.
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
I hope so :frown::frown::frown: are you at aston?
im at home, watching x-facktor. =P
Reply 4
stardustfactory
Where are you all?

I'm not quiet, but I like soft rock. :o: I'm not super interested in science, but I'd much rather discuss current affairs, politics, the economy, businesses and their finances, rather than soaps and crap. But I can also talk about other things like hair and fashion and clothing, which I love too.

I guess I'm easy to get along with, as long as you're not a massive idiot. :p: PM me! :smile:
Ah thats cool :smile: but yeah i'm a fresher! doing biomed :tongue: flatmates currently blasting michael jackson music lmao

I'd like to find people who would rather go out for a drink somewhere nice or chat in room and watch a movie or something rather than party and dress like a slut.
Reply 6
Count me in for quiet nights in lol

Me and a few friends tried to start a society last year for people who didn't like the type of things you mentioned (obviously open to everyone though, whatever their preferences!) we had a few trips out doing various things but quickly found that most people who had joined/said they'd join never actually came to anything we organised so the society sadly just fell apart :frown:

My two friends who I was working with on it have graduated now and I'm in final year so I don't really have time to be doing it any more.

It's surprising how many people you find like you when you start talking about it but it's not something many people will admit to up front (me included!)
So these type of people do exist :biggrin: just... how do i find them...

That sucks that they didn't go to the society :frown: I would of gone! :P
Reply 8
That sounds like me quite a bit! Currently in my room :P I found some similar people through societies, on my course and actually through TSR.
Lets meet up! now! lmao im in new build b2... lakeside was my first choice.. ahh dear
stardustfactory
Where are you all?

welcome to my world - its rare to find civilised people these days and trust me i know a lot of people:cool:
(edited 13 years ago)
They're difficult to find because you can never hear them coming...
I will have to put a notice up on my window or put posters around uni to find people :tongue: I mean i have met people and spoken to people and they all turn out to be party people, and call me a geek because i am interesting in my subject(biomed) and science outside of uni! and i record lectures -__- oh dear I'm surprised about the amount of people that are imature, i was expecting uni to be more mature, but putting vodka in your eyes, and saying uni is only about partying and thats the point of moving into halls :s-smilie: errr...yeah sure..
stardustfactory
Ah thats cool :smile: but yeah i'm a fresher! doing biomed :tongue: flatmates currently blasting michael jackson music lmao

I'd like to find people who would rather go out for a drink somewhere nice or chat in room and watch a movie or something rather than party and dress like a slut.

This is the exact same problem I'm having at the moment.

All my housemates want to drink and go clubbing every night, whereas I'd prefer to go to the pub and have a chat, or just hang out.

Maybe I should use TSR to try and find some people who are at my university with the same idea...:ninja:
Awww that sucks, i'm hoping i might find someone on TSR.. currently locked in my room hiding away from all the strangers in the flat that are squealing loudly and dressed up, caked in make-up... Someone told me i should just do this and fit in rather than being the "weirdo" that i am because i dislike this sort of stuff. heh.
(edited 13 years ago)
stardustfactory
Lets meet up! now! lmao im in new build b2... lakeside was my first choice.. ahh dear

Would love to meet up at some point. Sitting and watching the TV atm.

That's what I quite like about final year though cos it has gotten a lot more quieter in the flats and most people are just up for the occasional night out but mostly a drink/food in the pub, a chat or a movie.
Reply 16
stardustfactory
Awww that sucks, i'm hoping i might find someone on TSR.. currently locked in my room hiding away from all the strangers in the flat that are squealing loudly and dressed up, caked in make-up... Someone told me i should just do this and fit in rather than being the "weirdo" that i am because i dislike this sort of stuff. heh.

But then you're being someone you don't want to be :s-smilie: .. That ALWAYS works out worse in the long run :wink:

Good luck in finding like-minded people, I sure hope I don't have this problem when i go to uni! :woo:
I'm one of the oldest in my flat, i did do a year of sixform then i went onto college so people in my year group are now in the second year of uni, so i am a year behide but there is someone older than me in the flat and they haven't really grown up much.

Ahh i don't have a TV i didn't want to have to pay for a TV license.
Maybe i will like uni more in the final year :tongue: Not to sure what the best places to eat and go to the pub are.. any suggestions?
Me neither but if I miss my fav TV show I'll be devastated!
I like Gosta/Sacks, the food court in the Pavillion, Pizza Express and Handmade Hamburger Co. Need to find some more places though.
Reply 19
Mmmm, cocoa and the great questions of science. Sounds like a decent night in really :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest