The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Oh no! Most unis have plenty of open days all the way through the autumn term.

Failing that why don't you just go an look round them anyway? Most of them you can have a good stroll around and get a feel for the place. If you want to speak to anyone from the uni then i'm certain a cheeky email to admissions might be able to arrange a quick chat with someone from the department.

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 2
Bellissima
not sure where to put this, so feel free to move - not into another thread though please as i'll hardly get any answers! :smile:

ok basically, i'm going on holiday during the time that most open days for unis are one.. and it's not just some old holiday i can cancel, it's a once in a life time thing and there's no chance of cancelling...

so is there anything i can do about this or will i just have to work out where i wanna go from prospectuses.. because i dont really want to do that.

You can always visit once you get offers from your chosen universities.
Its really not a big deal.
Reply 3
lonely14
You can always visit once you get offers from your chosen universities.
Its really not a big deal.

i dont want to apply without knowing what it's actually like at the uni
Reply 4
Bellissima
i dont want to apply without knowing what it's actually like at the uni

If you are applying next year then there will be many opportunities for you to go next year (universities hold many open days). Surely you won't be away for long on your holiday.
Reply 5
for 2012 entry go to open days in june
for 2011 entry email them to arrange a private visit or just turn up
its also not that much of an issue if you apply without visiting so long as you visit after, most people i know only visited 5 or 6 anyway
Reply 6
lonely14
If you are applying next year then there will be many opportunities for you to go next year (universities hold many open days). Surely you won't be away for long on your holiday.

i'm going for 1 month, the open days are in june
Reply 7
Bellissima
i'm going for 1 month, the open days are in june

There would be open days in September or even in October, well it clearly depends on the university.
Reply 8
seeing the uni really isn't that important just ask people on the internet what they are like
Reply 9
I'm not visiting any until I get my offers. Train tickets are too expensive. Plus, by not going to the open days, you get to experience the true vibe of the university when you just go in during term time.
Most unis do Campus tours on wednesday afternoons through out the year. This isn't as good as a proper open day but it's better than nothing.

Or a better thing to do would be posts in the subsection for a uni you want to go to on here and see if anyone from here doing the same course wants to show you round/tell you about the course....

Latest

Trending

Trending