The Student Room Group

Census collector discussion thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Got my first email for my coordinator today saying time and date to meet.

I feel sorry for everyone who has spent ages waiting between each stage and doesn't even know yet, I've been pretty lucky to have a smooth process.
Reply 501
Original post by manwar1
^ They can turn it around pretty quick when they need someone. I applied around the 6th of March and heard back from my coordinator yesterday about the time/meeting place.

Did they email you? Or did they phone you?

I received an unknown call the 1st April but I could not take the call. I wonder if it was them.
Original post by ohm

I received an unknown call the 1st April but I could not take the call. I wonder if it was them.

Heya, from experience with the Capita people, if it had been them that called they would have left a voicemail if possible. You usually get your job offer by email, not heard of anyone who was called to offer them a job but I guess they might do now since they probably need people immediatly.
Reply 503
Original post by Lasuil
Heya, from experience with the Capita people, if it had been them that called they would have left a voicemail if possible. You usually get your job offer by email, not heard of anyone who was called to offer them a job but I guess they might do now since they probably need people immediatly.

Many thanks! :smile:
Reply 504
Original post by metric
Got my first email for my coordinator today saying time and date to meet.

I feel sorry for everyone who has spent ages waiting between each stage and doesn't even know yet, I've been pretty lucky to have a smooth process.

Same here, been a pretty smooth and lucky process for me as well having applied around the 7th of March.
Reply 505
Original post by ohm

They texted me to do my siftability test and emailed me too. They emailed me and texted me to also book a phone interview and emailed me for the e-learning. They pretty much emailed me more, didn't receive any call from them.. The coordinator obviously rang to tell me to check my emails etc.
Reply 506
has anyone saved a copy of there contract? I forgot to and I'm not entirely sure who the employer is - ONS or Capita?
i received my payroll number on the 1st April, sent off my p45 parts 2 and 3 today, supposed to start in 2 days (wed) and heard nothing from my census co-ordinator...hope he/she rings today!

i also need saturday off as i'm supposed to be at a stag do, reckon i'll be allowed it off and make up my hours friday or sunday? (i'm contracted to 37)
Hi, I'm in the same boat (but I heard from coordinator on Saturday), sure you'll hear soon.

Saturday will be the start of Week 2 (i think) so you should be able to have saturday off and make your hours up before the following friday as far as I know!!
Reply 509
Original post by bouffont
has anyone saved a copy of there contract? I forgot to and I'm not entirely sure who the employer is - ONS or Capita?

The employer is ONS.
my co-ordinator still hasn't got in touch today and i start on wed!!!! think i'll give he/she until 5pm tomoro then i'll ring recruitment up! i'm so un-prepared. do they email you or ring you? i'll keep refreshing my emails...
I got an email from my coordinator. Check your spam maybe?
Reply 512
Original post by paul_stevo123
my co-ordinator still hasn't got in touch today and i start on wed!!!! think i'll give he/she until 5pm tomoro then i'll ring recruitment up! i'm so un-prepared. do they email you or ring you? i'll keep refreshing my emails...

My Co-ordinator emailed me about 4 days ago introducing himself blah blah, giving information about the induction venue and times and more importantly asking me to confirm that I still want the job. He said if no response is received by the set deadline, he would attempt to ring me up and if he isn't unable to get in contact then he would go ahead to withdraw the job offer. So, I think the common practise is for he/she to email you.

Try and get in touch with the Helpdesk if you are having any concern.

Cheers.
Original post by paul_stevo123
i received my payroll number on the 1st April, sent off my p45 parts 2 and 3 today, supposed to start in 2 days (wed) and heard nothing from my census co-ordinator...hope he/she rings today!

i also need saturday off as i'm supposed to be at a stag do, reckon i'll be allowed it off and make up my hours friday or sunday? (i'm contracted to 37)

The week for census begins on a Saturday, so for the first week although you been contracted to work 37 hours, you will not be able to. As you will only be working from Wednesday to Friday.
My Co-ordinator emailed me about 4 days ago introducing himself blah blah, giving information about the induction venue and times and more importantly asking me to confirm that I still want the job. He said if no response is received by the set deadline, he would attempt to ring me up and if he isn't unable to get in contact then he would go ahead to withdraw the job offer. So, I think the common practise is for he/she to email you.

Try and get in touch with the Helpdesk if you are having any concern.

Cheers.

cheers for the feedback. I have checked my junk mail but nothing in there either. I accepted the contract last week so they know i want the job, i'll ring up tomoro afternoon or something, it's a right farce this!

The week for census begins on a Saturday, so for the first week although you been contracted to work 37 hours, you will not be able to. As you will only be working from Wednesday to Friday.

That is ideal really as i previously mentioned i'm going to a stag do this weekend and need saturday off so i'm sure i would be able to make the hours up during the week :smile: ...providing my co-ordinator gets in touch in time!
Anyone else get the email about the Civil service Pension? haha
woohoo, got my email this morning from my co-ordinator...induction 10.30 start tomorrow slightly nervous and feel sooo underprepared, just think about the money! cheers for the feedback, this website has been very helpful.
I just accepted my job offer as I just had the contract sent through :smile: I wonder if my co-ordinator will get in contact today now though :/
Any one know how long the induction meeting actually lasts?? Thanks!!
Reply 519
Hello everyone!!!

Original post by peter_willis
Any one know how long the induction meeting actually lasts?? Thanks!!

It lasts 1,5 h.

I am Early Collector at the moment. Feel free to ask me some questions.

What I'd like to know is if anyone else has been offered Standby CCS Interviewer role?
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending