The Student Room Group

Boyfriend has to see ex wife, should I be worried?

Scroll to see replies

Lolz, this thread coming from the same person who said they had a massive crush on Chesney Hawkins :facepalm2:
Original post by kristinaalovesu
Don't you wonder sometimes?

Its called trust. That and security. Try it some time!
Reply 22
Although Im not sure Id go out with someone who is just a few months off technically being a paedophile...He's probably got 3 or 4 kids you don't know about as well.

Just go on a talk show, Jeremy Kyle will knock this one out in 20 minutes, and ridicule you for your life choices.
Reply 23
Original post by Huskaris
Although Im not sure Id go out with someone who is just a few months off technically being a paedophile...He's probably got 3 or 4 kids you don't know about as well.

Just go on a talk show, Jeremy Kyle will knock this one out in 20 minutes, and ridicule you for your life choices.

terminology fail.

paedo means PRE-pubescent. age of consent isn't age of puberty.

but I agree, it is weird.

OP has he given any indication he wants something more than a bit of fun with you? have you had sex?
Reply 24
Original post by aws
terminology fail.

paedo means PRE-pubescent. age of consent isn't age of puberty.

but I agree, it is weird.

OP has he given any indication he wants something more than a bit of fun with you? have you had sex?

No, we're a couple and in a relationship, I'm not just his 'bit of fun' as you put it. He's already told me he loves me and he's never felt this way about anyone before, including his previous partners. We only started having sex a week ago because he was my first and I wanted to wait til I trusted him more, it's been good so far.
Reply 25
Original post by DeputyDog
No, we're a couple and in a relationship, I'm not just his 'bit of fun' as you put it. He's already told me he loves me and he's never felt this way about anyone before, including his previous partners. We only started having sex a week ago because he was my first and I wanted to wait til I trusted him more, it's been good so far.
naive as well as insecure I see.

great combo

I imagine he will lose interest once you're fully developed.
Original post by HistoryRepeating

Original post by HistoryRepeating
Its called trust. That and security. Try it some time!

:hmmm:
Im talking about *wondering*.
So you're literally not wondering about it? Just like wondering how many kids you will have or like what's gonna happen after you graduate?
Reply 28
:hmmm:
Im talking about *wondering*.
So you're literally not wondering about it? Just like wondering how many kids you will have or like what's gonna happen after you graduate?

lol, look in this context, it's not something "you just wonder about"

if you were secure/not paranoid etc .. it just wouldn't even cross your mind?

I mean do you wonder if your boyfriend will sleep with a guy? I mean it is possible? some people don't just 'wonder' even if it is a possibility.

even if you do just wonder .. it's showing some sort of insecurity ..
I'm 17, bf is in his 40s. I fink his ex wife is about 39 or something, why?

N I DO trust him, just feels weird that he's gonna be with another woman while I'm not there I guess. Been together about 6 weeks now, but known him for over 6 months as he was/is my driving instructor.

Eurgh! That is completely and utterly sickening. I'm guessing you're the girl who posted about liking her driving instructor - the one who was 46/47? You might be infatuated with him, but for him to do anything other than tell you it can't happen is just sick.

I hope for both your sakes he goes back to his wife.
(edited 13 years ago)

Original post by aws
lol, look in this context, it's not something "you just wonder about"

if you were secure/not paranoid etc .. it just wouldn't even cross your mind?

I mean do you wonder if your boyfriend will sleep with a guy? I mean it is possible? some people don't just 'wonder' even if it is a possibility.

even if you do just wonder .. it's showing some sort of insecurity ..

I guess its just me, i like to think of the WHAT IFs.
Like, what if my partner did this, what am i gonna do or whats gonna happen? But i never think about it that much not unless im paranoid which im clearly not.
When i was with my ex bf, it never crossed my mind up until somebody mentioned about this and that or if my friends opened up this kind of topic. That's the only time i'd think about it and after a minute or so i just forget about it.

For example:
If you have a partner and when you saw this thread, didn't you at least thought about it right when you saw this?

:p:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous-

Original post by Anonymous-
Eurgh! That is completely and utterly sickening. I'm guessing you're the girl who posted about liking her driving instructor - the one who was 46/47? You might be infatuated with him, but for him to do anything other than tell you it can't happen is just sick.

I hope for both your sakes he goes back to his wife.

That's her lol :biggrin:
Reply 32
I guess its just me, i like to think of the WHAT IFs.
Like, what if my partner did this, what am i gonna do or whats gonna happen? But i never think about it that much not unless im paranoid which im clearly not.
When i was with my ex bf, it never crossed my mind up until somebody mentioned about this and that or if my friends opened up this kind of topic. That's the only time i'd think about it and after a minute or so i just forget about it.

For example:
If you have a partner and when you saw this thread, didn't it at least thought about it right when you saw this?

:p:

ok, now you're being picky lol

obviously we think, and then it's a quick - no

but we were referring to the general, if you're bf/gf is going to meet an ex - would you care? as in the case of the thread.
Reply 33

N I DO trust him, just feels weird that he's gonna be with another woman while I'm not there I guess. Been together about 6 weeks now, but known him for over 6 months as he was/is my driving instructor.

WTF? Is that even legal? Do his friends and family about you? Or he's made a great excuse for you not to realism you're a side thing and whe is going? You'll be ready to get married and have kids in 10years and he'll be 50. Not saying you plan to go that far but how can you enjoy something you know has no realistic future unless you're after something else?
Reply 34
Original post by dmz
WTF? Is that even legal? Do his friends and family about you? Or he's made a great excuse for you not to realism you're a side thing and whe is going? You'll be ready to get married and have kids in 10years and he'll be 50. Not saying you plan to go that far but how can you enjoy something you know has no realistic future unless you're after something else?

she is over 16, so yes. they can even get married (with consent from her parents)

just icky

can't be bothered to go through the smilies to see if there is one but...

*confused, disbelief blinking face*

he's old enough to be your dad and he abused his position of trust as your driving instructor, not sure if it falls into the same category of student-teacher inappropriateness but it is innapropriate. If you're gonna be with someone with so much baggage (ex wife) you need to deal with it or find someone your own age!

.....He doesn't have kids your age as well does he? :rolleyes:

Original post by aws
ok, now you're being picky lol

obviously we think, and then it's a quick - no

but we were referring to the general, if you're bf/gf is going to meet an ex - would you care? as in the case of the thread.

:biggrin:
Reply 37

no offence but you seem so naive. Guys have ben known to say I love you to get laid? You probably have difficulties finding guys and jumped on the first chance you got? I don't know but this sounds f***k*d up
Reply 38
Original post by aws
she is over 16, so yes. they can even get married (with consent from her parents)

just icky

I know but I doubt they've agreed to this.
Reply 39
I would be worried, ex-sex is the best.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending