The Student Room Group

Changing Uni course after offer

Hey guys,

Just a quick question, at the moment i have offers from royal Holloway and Southampton to do economics and management, but as ive been thinking about my course decision more and more, im beginning to think that straight economics might have been a better choice. Is there any chance i could change my course?

its not that i dont like my course choice, is just that, for what i want to do in later life straight econ may be a better choice. on the other hand, i also dont want to go and annoy the universities asking for a switch, incase they withdraw the offer i have or something (can they even do that? maybe im just being pessimistic).

any advice is much appreciated.
Original post by type_writer
Hey guys,

Just a quick question, at the moment i have offers from royal Holloway and Southampton to do economics and management, but as ive been thinking about my course decision more and more, im beginning to think that straight economics might have been a better choice. Is there any chance i could change my course?

its not that i dont like my course choice, is just that, for what i want to do in later life straight econ may be a better choice. on the other hand, i also dont want to go and annoy the universities asking for a switch, incase they withdraw the offer i have or something (can they even do that? maybe im just being pessimistic).

any advice is much appreciated.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Changing_your_Mind should have the answers. :smile:
Reply 2
thanks for the reply.

i dont think the wiki says anything about changing course after recieving an offer; only prior to a response
thanks for the reply.

i dont think the wiki says anything about changing course after recieving an offer; only prior to a response

Yes it does.

you can do this with or without having a reply from them

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Changing_your_Mind#Contacting_universities
Reply 4

ahh and so it does. I just want to confirm that where it says:

"If they [universities] do not agree or decide to not make you an offer, you'll keep any offers you already received"

this means offers from the same university, correct? and i wont lose the econ & management offers ive got?

also, i assume im writing to admissions here?

I apologise if im asking what seem to be stupid questions, its just that this isnt one of the things you want to screw up whilst doing...
ahh and so it does. I just want to confirm that where it says:

"If they [universities] do not agree or decide to not make you an offer, you'll keep any offers you already received"

this means offers from the same university, correct? and i wont lose the econ & management offers ive got?

also, i assume im writing to admissions here?

I apologise if im asking what seem to be stupid questions, its just that this isnt one of the things you want to screw up whilst doing...

Yes - you'll keep your economics and management offers if they decide to not make you an offer for economics. And yes, because that'll be the same department, e-mail admissions.

They're not stupid questions. Best of luck with it. :smile:
Reply 6
Sent an email yesterday and the admissions lady was quite helpful and as far as i can tell, its seems sorted. UCAS hasnt updated yet, but its barely been a day yet.

thanks for the help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending