The Student Room Group

Sixth Form Interview, Specifically King Edwards VI Camp Hill School for Boys

Hey! I'm really new to this and I'm trying to spend today preparing for an 'informal' interview I have on the 6th of January 2011. I'm actually really looking forward to it but some advice would be much appreciated. They have wrote on the letter to me that it is 'informal', despite this I have chosen to go wearing smart clothes to show the effort. If there's anyone who feels like they can help me with a few questions they may ask in regards to my Career Aspirations or my Subject Choices then please do comment and help me.

I intend to study Dentistry to a higher level as a career and also I have chosen to study Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and also Art for my A-Levels.

Thank you:')

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
why do u want to study dentistry? Is it for the money, coz u know it is...
Reply 2
I want to study Dentistry purely because I have a passion for it, I've been enlightened when I had a dental operation done to me a few years back, also, I had been through Orthodontic Treatment and I found my Dentist and my Orthodontist Inspiring. Ever since then, Dentistry has been a career interest for me.
Reply 3
Original post by gunit123

Original post by gunit123
why do u want to study dentistry? Is it for the money, coz u know it is...

And..? You expect people to live on nothing for the rest of their life? Choosing a career path with high employment and good pay is a wise choice.
Reply 4
Hi,

Ive got an informal discussion aswell, Its on the 13th Jan.

When they say informal they mean informal.

Basically, its just a talk with the head of sixth form... Why you are choosing the courses?

You career ambitions...

Are you an external candidate by anychane?
Reply 5
I had my interview for Camp Hill Girls last year, so I know the format for the interview. (I'm presuming the boy's interview is similar to the girls)

Even though it says "informal" I would strongly recommend dressing in smart clothing - everyone at my interview wore smart clothing.
You will probably be greeted at reception by members of the sixth form, who'll then either take you around the school/sixth form, giving you a chance to see it in action, or take you directly to the common room. (They divide students into groups, so everything happens in a slightly different order for everyone). Its a good time to ask questions.
When in the common room, the head of sixth form gave us a little talk, just talking about expectations if you get in. They then give you a sheet with some questions on it: ("what do you expect in college?" "why do you think camp hill is the sixth form for you", "why/how do you think you would fit in") The questions are more or less like that, i can't remember them exactly.

When you have your actual interview, you have it with a senior member of staff,but one who teaches/teached a subject you want to do. They'll ask you some questions about biology/chemistry (or whichever options you want to take), so be prepared. My friend chose chemistry and was asked at her interview something like "what is a polymer" and she had to explain how they were formed.
They'll look at your mock exams results (if you have them), and just ask you some questions about if you were to get into the sixth form how would you make your way to college every morning.

Mostly, i would just urge you to be confident in yourself.
Good luck!
Reply 6
Original post by X_A11MED
I want to study Dentistry purely because I have a passion for it, I've been enlightened when I had a dental operation done to me a few years back, also, I had been through Orthodontic Treatment and I found my Dentist and my Orthodontist Inspiring. Ever since then, Dentistry has been a career interest for me.

I'd say try to avoid those kind of clichés for a start - they may be true but they come across as slightly OTT. Really, just focus on why you want to study the subjects you do. If they say informal they probably mean it :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by BookWormShanti
I'd say try to avoid those kind of clichés for a start - they may be true but they come across as slightly OTT. Really, just focus on why you want to study the subjects you do. If they say informal they probably mean it :smile:

Thanks for your advice:smile:
Reply 8
Original post by joker11
Hi,

Ive got an informal discussion aswell, Its on the 13th Jan.

When they say informal they mean informal.

Basically, its just a talk with the head of sixth form... Why you are choosing the courses?

You career ambitions...

Are you an external candidate by anychane?

Hello:')
ahh I see, I think im getting it more and more now. It makes sense and it seems clearer. Thanks for the advice, I'l be sure to take it on board;]
I am an external candidate yes, yourself?
Reply 9
Hello:')
ahh I see, I think im getting it more and more now. It makes sense and it seems clearer. Thanks for the advice, I'l be sure to take it on board;]
I am an external candidate yes, yourself?

And I am an external candidate.

Which A level courses are you choosing?

And what school are you from?

Let me know how the informal discussion goes, so that I can be more prepared than I am now lol, cos I got mine a week after yours.

:smile:
Reply 10
Original post by joker11
And I am an external candidate.

Which A level courses are you choosing?

And what school are you from?

Let me know how the informal discussion goes, so that I can be more prepared than I am now lol, cos I got mine a week after yours.

:smile:

ah cool :biggrin:
im choosing to study biology, chemistry, maths and art
and what subjects are you choosing to study?
the school i'm from is a school you will probably never of heard of, its called perryfields high, its kind of far from camp hill aha
what school you from?
and dont worrry, i shall :smile:
Reply 11
ah cool :biggrin:
im choosing to study biology, chemistry, maths and art
and what subjects are you choosing to study?
the school i'm from is a school you will probably never of heard of, its called perryfields high, its kind of far from camp hill aha
what school you from?
and dont worrry, i shall :smile:

Im choosing Maths, Chemistry, Biology and either Economics or Psychology.

I havent definite chosen my 4th preference but Im gonna talk to them about it

And Im from Ninestiles :smile:
those of u who actually got in to the sixth form, with what gcse grades did u manage it with?
Im going to be applying for september 2012.
Reply 13
Original post by joker11
Im choosing Maths, Chemistry, Biology and either Economics or Psychology.

I havent definite chosen my 4th preference but Im gonna talk to them about it

And Im from Ninestiles :smile:

Ninestiles is brilliant...good luck...
Reply 14
anyone have any ideas on type of questions which are going to be asked for the ke camp hill boys interview?? got mine on the 14th jan and am really nervous :confused:
Reply 15
Original post by Assassin8er
those of u who actually got in to the sixth form, with what gcse grades did u manage it with?
Im going to be applying for september 2012.

People who got in got on average 8 A*'s. But what you get actually doesn't matter, in your offer it'll say you need to get As in the subject you want to carry on with along with an A in Maths and English Language.

People have gotten in with 1A*.
Reply 16
Original post by Mchekuri
anyone have any ideas on type of questions which are going to be asked for the ke camp hill boys interview?? got mine on the 14th jan and am really nervous :confused:

Hey,

Ive got an interview on 11th - next friday

What were you predicted ??

where else are you applying?

Ryan
Reply 17
hi,
mines on 28th jan and 10a* wbu? and 5 ways and my own school wbu?
Reply 18
Original post by Mchekuri
hi,
mines on 28th jan and 10a* wbu? and 5 ways and my own school wbu?

nice... when did you give in your application??

im predicted.. 7A*,2A's...8Dist*/Dist...and an A in AS-level maths

im applying to preety much everywhere lol,,,
KECH,KE5W,KEA,QMGS,QMHS,Bishop vesseys and my current school

how did i get an interview b4 u??... ur grades are much better than mine!! :rolleyes:

is that your first choice?

what have you applied for?

Ryan
Reply 19
haha i gave it in november but they gave me an interview on 14th jan but ive got exams during that time so they postponed it to 28th and thank youu, your grades are pretty good as well and 4 a's as well btw and no 5 ways is my 1st choice and bio, chem , maths and computing wbu? and also after your interview could you pm me to tell me how it went and what questions they asked you and stuff?
and btw what school do you go to now , i go handsworth grammar
Thanks in advance.

Manish

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending