The Student Room Group

Sixth Form Interview, Specifically King Edwards VI Camp Hill School for Boys

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Mchekuri
haha i gave it in november but they gave me an interview on 14th jan but ive got exams during that time so they postponed it to 28th and thank youu, your grades are pretty good as well and 4 a's as well btw and no 5 ways is my 1st choice and bio, chem , maths and computing wbu? and also after your interview could you pm me to tell me how it went and what questions they asked you and stuff?
and btw what school do you go to now , i go handsworth grammar
Thanks in advance.

Manish

oh yh,,, i applied there aswell lol

im applying for maths,f-maths, bio,chem,physics

qmgs is my 1st choice

yh sure,,, i go to a local catholic school...

is handsworth grammar any good??

ryan
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by ryanb97

qmgs is my 1st choice

yh sure,,, i go to a local catholic school... stuart bathurst

ryan

oh ok and 5 ways is my 1st and thanks and yeah its not badd
Original post by ryanb97

qmgs is my 1st choice

yh sure,,, i go to a local catholic school... stuart bathurst

ryan

Ryan? im sure i bumped into you today at the interview? how was yours?
Reply 23
Original post by Davothebigafro
Ryan? im sure i bumped into you today at the interview? how was yours?

hey

yh, david from vessey's
mine was very very good!
hbu?

we discussed a lot about maths.. he was a maths teacher lol
he ended up saying that 'i am pleased to give you an offer...'
he said that it would come out in febuary though! :P

what did you guys talk about

are you applying to KEA,, i just got a letter for an interview ...like now :biggrin:

ryan
Original post by ryanb97
hey

yh, david from vessey's
mine was very very good!
hbu?

are you applying to KEA,, i just got a letter for an interview ...like now :biggrin:

ryan

Yeah yours sounds very similar to mine lol, basically the same, but i am doing the exact same A level choices as you so thats kind of expected, +yeah im applying to KEA also
Reply 25
Yeah yours sounds very similar to mine lol, basically the same, but i am doing the exact same A level choices as you so thats kind of expected, +yeah im applying to KEA also

did you get an offer aswell then? :biggrin:

ryan
Original post by ryanb97

ryan

yeah unofficially, pretty certain :biggrin:
Original post by ryanb97

ryan

and wil come around feb/march
Reply 28
yeah unofficially, pretty certain :biggrin:

nice
is that gna be your 1st choice then?

ryan
Original post by ryanb97
nice
is that gna be your 1st choice then?

ryan

Yeah for sure :P
Reply 30
Original post by Ayeshaa:)
I had my interview for Camp Hill Girls last year, so I know the format for the interview. (I'm presuming the boy's interview is similar to the girls)

Even though it says "informal" I would strongly recommend dressing in smart clothing - everyone at my interview wore smart clothing.
You will probably be greeted at reception by members of the sixth form, who'll then either take you around the school/sixth form, giving you a chance to see it in action, or take you directly to the common room. (They divide students into groups, so everything happens in a slightly different order for everyone). Its a good time to ask questions.
When in the common room, the head of sixth form gave us a little talk, just talking about expectations if you get in. They then give you a sheet with some questions on it: ("what do you expect in college?" "why do you think camp hill is the sixth form for you", "why/how do you think you would fit in") The questions are more or less like that, i can't remember them exactly.

When you have your actual interview, you have it with a senior member of staff,but one who teaches/teached a subject you want to do. They'll ask you some questions about biology/chemistry (or whichever options you want to take), so be prepared. My friend chose chemistry and was asked at her interview something like "what is a polymer" and she had to explain how they were formed.
They'll look at your mock exams results (if you have them), and just ask you some questions about if you were to get into the sixth form how would you make your way to college every morning.

Mostly, i would just urge you to be confident in yourself.
Good luck!

Hi, I have an informal interview to attend at the girls 6th form so I found your information very helpful thanks. I just wondered if there were any more tips you could add. This is my first choice of 6th form so I am hoping I will get in and any information you can give me on what will happen on the day and the sort of questions they ask would be great :smile: Someone told me they often ask a question about some sort of current affairs topic/something currently on the News and I wondered if this happened to you?
Reply 31
Original post by ryanb97
hey

yh, david from vessey's
mine was very very good!
hbu?

ryan

HI, I had my interview at the start of February but have had no feedback. What about you? Although, thinking about it, I don't think mine went as well as yours... what are your predicted grades?
Reply 32
Original post by bhushan
HI, I had my interview at the start of February but have had no feedback. What about you? Although, thinking about it, I don't think mine went as well as yours... what are your predicted grades?

What school - KECH? - ive applied to loads

i havent heard back from them yet
on paper 7A*2A's 8Dist*/Dist A in AS maths

hbu?

I got an offer from King edwards aston today!!! - not going to take it up though lol

where else have you applied?

ryan
Reply 33
Original post by ryanb97
What school - KECH? - ive applied to loads

i havent heard back from them yet
on paper 7A*2A's 8Dist*/Dist A in AS maths

hbu?

I got an offer from King edwards aston today!!! - not going to take it up though lol

where else have you applied?

ryan

WOW!!! You have brilliant grades, Camp Hill is really the only KE I applied to as my grades are average. 6A*s and 3A's and an A in add maths. I am hoping DofE sets me apart from others because my grades dont! Looking at your grades, I am not surprised you got an offer!
And I don't understand the Dist A in AS maths? Does this mean you've already done the AS maths paper? Anyways, congratulations!
Reply 34
Original post by bhushan
WOW!!! You have brilliant grades, Camp Hill is really the only KE I applied to as my grades are average. 6A*s and 3A's and an A in add maths. I am hoping DofE sets me apart from others because my grades dont! Looking at your grades, I am not surprised you got an offer!
And I don't understand the Dist A in AS maths? Does this mean you've already done the AS maths paper? Anyways, congratulations!

thanks... your grades arent exactly bad!

ermm.. the dist was linked to the 8..so 8Dist*/Distinction's

And yh,,, i get the reult for my last aslevel maths exam tommorow and i am very confident i will get my A yeahhh!!

got an offer from BVGS today...

Ryan
Reply 35
Original post by ryanb97
thanks... your grades arent exactly bad!

ermm.. the dist was linked to the 8..so 8Dist*/Distinction's

And yh,,, i get the reult for my last aslevel maths exam tommorow and i am very confident i will get my A yeahhh!!

got an offer from BVGS today...

Ryan

Ah! well done! and best of luck with your AS result!
Hi i got a informal discussion on 14th jan 2014 and just wanted to know how the whole thing goes? What are the questions they ask?

Thanks.
Original post by Haich_official
Hi i got a informal discussion on 14th jan 2014 and just wanted to know how the whole thing goes? What are the questions they ask?

Thanks.

Yoooooo. When did you get this letter?
I've been checking post every day lol ;D

I applied just before Christmas but have only received confirmation letter thus far.

Let me know how it goes anyway!
I applied about 2 months before christmas and received the letter on the final day of term.
Todays the day lets see how it goes.
And will do
Original post by Haich_official
I applied about 2 months before christmas and received the letter on the final day of term.
Todays the day lets see how it goes.
And will do

Best of luck mate, I got my interview letter/informal disussion (basically the interview right?) today. Date set for Thursday 23rd January 2014. Very nervous.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending