The Student Room Group

Muslims declare war.......on Valentine's Day?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12443104

Malaysia has stepped up a campaign to stop Muslims celebrating Valentine's Day - labelling it a "trap" that could encourage immoral behaviour.

Several Malaysian states are planning to carry out checks on hotels to stop young couples having premarital sex.

Surely this is a little extreme? Especially the part about checking hotels. Why should the state be enforcing beliefs on people because i'm sure people of the muslim faith can follow their own teachings rather than this very public display.

Your thoughts?
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Oh religion, you so funny :')
bull****
Religion shouldn't be forced upon anybody ANYWHERE. This is a disgrace to the modern world. And why am I not suprised by the religion thats doing it :colonhash:

edit: Why the - reps? I don't see anything politically incorrect with this :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
:facepalm2: Thats all I can say about this
Reply 5
Original post by Genocidal

Malaysia has stepped up a campaign to stop Muslims celebrating Valentine's Day- labelling it a "trap"

instantly thought of this:

Spoiler

Reply 6
Jungle tribes don't celebrate Valentine's day.
Reply 7
Original post by Hamesh
Jungle tribes don't celebrate Valentine's day.

Many Jungle-Tribes also eat people.

Go figure. :cool:
Reply 8
Original post by DH-Biker
Many Jungle-Tribes also eat people.

Go figure. :cool:

Really?

Which tribe?
Reply 9
hahahaha
Reply 10
silly muslims
Reply 11
Original post by Hamesh
Really?

Which tribe?

"Cannibalism has recently been both practiced and fiercely condemned in several wars, especially in Liberia and Congo. Today, the Korowai are one of many tribes still believed to eat human flesh as a cultural practice. It is also still known to be practiced as a ritual and in war in various Melanesian tribes."

"...some isolated South Pacific cultures; and, in a few cases in insular Melanesia, indigenous flesh-markets existed. Fiji was once known as the 'Cannibal Isles'. Cannibalism has been well-documented around the world, from Fiji to the Amazon Basin to the Congo to Maori New Zealand."

In fact, just type in Cannibalism on Google. Its a well known fact that, even today, many Amazonian-Basin tribes continue Cannibalism. A program on National Geographic Channel a while back had a crew interview a tribe in said area, and they ate the older, weaker members of their tribe. The crew asked why, they said "Cannibalism is a good thing to do, it also eliminates the weaker members". A justified practice, to them; taboo to most Modern Cultures.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 12
And I thought Malaysia was a relatively secular Muslim state.
I guess I'm wrong.
Reply 13
Ridiculous :facepalm2:
Reply 14
Oh just the lock the room and swallow the key :wink:
Reply 15
"Cannibalism has recently been both practiced and fiercely condemned in several wars, especially in Liberia and Congo. Today, the Korowai are one of many tribes still believed to eat human flesh as a cultural practice. It is also still known to be practiced as a ritual and in war in various Melanesian tribes."

"...some isolated South Pacific cultures; and, in a few cases in insular Melanesia, indigenous flesh-markets existed. Fiji was once known as the 'Cannibal Isles'. Cannibalism has been well-documented around the world, from Fiji to the Amazon Basin to the Congo to Maori New Zealand."

In fact, just type in Cannibalism on Google. Its a well known fact that, even today, many Amazonian-Basin tribes continue Cannibalism. A program on National Geographic Channel a while back had a crew interview a tribe in said area, and they ate the older, weaker members of their tribe. The crew asked why, they said "Cannibalism is a good thing to do, it also eliminates the weaker members". A justified practice, to them; taboo to most Modern Cultures.

Whoopsie, :colondollar:

Thanks.
Reply 16
Original post by Hamesh
Whoopsie, :colondollar:

Thanks.

Haha! There's programs aplenty on it all. A tribe was almost attacked by the Rep South African Army when they had been blamed for eating a Farmer, his wife and three daughters.
Of course, nothing could be proved. They'd eaten the remains and the bones could've been burnt for all they knew. :p:

Honestly, its not even that big-a-deal anymore. Just don't go wandering through the Amazon. :p:
Reply 17
Haha! There's programs aplenty on it all. A tribe was almost attacked by the Rep South African Army when they had been blamed for eating a Farmer, his wife and three daughters.
Of course, nothing could be proved. They'd eaten the remains and the bones could've been burnt for all they knew. :p:

Honestly, its not even that big-a-deal anymore. Just don't go wandering through the Amazon. :p:

No, :lol:, first of all sorry to OP, for changing this thread, but I think it was human planet on BBC that did a documentary on various jungle tribes and they'd forgot to mention this!

Pound of flesh anyone? Going, going, GONE!
Reply 19
Original post by Le Masquerador.
Pound of flesh anyone? Going, going, GONE!

Haha! My thoughts exactly. :biggrin:
Would be more interesting then seeing cuts of Beef up. A human leg, arm, organs, a whole side of human-torso.

I can see the appeal of Cannibalism... Actually.

Latest

Trending

Trending