The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HappyMeal

lol!
i'm gonna be doing dentistry, can't wait! :biggrin:

some people who have lived at charles morris have said they've loved it and social life has been great.
i guess you hear more about james b and tannery (popular with dentists and medics) because it's been around longer and there are more opinions to be heard, whereas charles morris and particularly storm jameson is newer.
i think the social life aspect will be how you make it and who you're with. :smile:

How do you know james b and tannery are popular medic choices?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by Medpotter
How do you know james b and tannery are popular medic choices?

I was just referring to tannery there, but that's just what i've been hearing from others.
Reply 1582
Did people get their accommodation form soon after they firmed Leeds?

Reason being the email account I previously had linked with UCAS/Track is inactive, and was at the time I replied to my offers. I've now changed the email to an active one, but I think I may have missed an email or two?
Original post by Xabi17
Did people get their accommodation form soon after they firmed Leeds?

Reason being the email account I previously had linked with UCAS/Track is inactive, and was at the time I replied to my offers. I've now changed the email to an active one, but I think I may have missed an email or two?

You won't get an email, you have to apply through the website: http://www.leeds.ac.uk/accommodation/apply.html
Reply 1584
Original post by girlwithsharpteeth
You won't get an email, you have to apply through the website: http://www.leeds.ac.uk/accommodation/apply.html

hello you
Original post by dmz
hello you

Hello :biggrin: got your drinking money stashed up yet?
Reply 1586
Hello :biggrin: got your drinking money stashed up yet?

Haha not yet but it's going really well now. Averaged 60 hours a week over last month :biggrin:
Original post by dmz
Haha not yet but it's going really well now. Averaged 60 hours a week over last month :biggrin:

Ouch, you'll be ready for the medic lifestyle... or the long student days out and the long nights of partying :wink: I have no idea how money will be yet... so far I have £2,300 a year to live off... could be interesting :tongue:
Reply 1588
Ouch, you'll be ready for the medic lifestyle... or the long student days out and the long nights of partying :wink: I have no idea how money will be yet... so far I have £2,300 a year to live off... could be interesting :tongue:

i didn't get in for medicine :frown: but you'll get paid on the job tho right? I have just over 2k as well but if i keep this pace up and not spend too much i can get another 6, plus 1500 engineering scholarship :smile:
Original post by dmz
i didn't get in for medicine :frown: but you'll get paid on the job tho right? I have just over 2k as well but if i keep this pace up and not spend too much i can get another 6, plus 1500 engineering scholarship :smile:

I know that :tongue: but I thought that was still your ultimate goal? Sorry, wasn't trying to rub it in or anything! Yes but I'll have to pay a **** load for a car possibly and won't get any finance... so I have absolutely no idea how much I'll have to live off each month. Plus if I have to live somewhere like Grimsby I'll have to rent somewhere privately and pay bills, which could get pricey... I just want to know already so I can figure it all out! Thinking pre-drinks will be the way to go :wink: plus meeting naive young black men who will buy everyone's drinks :biggrin:
Reply 1590
I know that :tongue: but I thought that was still your ultimate goal? Sorry, wasn't trying to rub it in or anything! Yes but I'll have to pay a **** load for a car possibly and won't get any finance... so I have absolutely no idea how much I'll have to live off each month. Plus if I have to live somewhere like Grimsby I'll have to rent somewhere privately and pay bills, which could get pricey... I just want to know already so I can figure it all out! Thinking pre-drinks will be the way to go :wink: plus meeting naive young black men who will buy everyone's drinks :biggrin:

Oh right, lol. Thanks :biggrin:, wow it sounds pretty harsh, I'm just getting some to cover tuition and most of my accommodation. You don't have much left to go now. What are you doing right now? Working or anything? I don't think I'll bother with a car. Only in she coming home with me :tongue: lol
Original post by dmz
Oh right, lol. Thanks :biggrin:, wow it sounds pretty harsh, I'm just getting some to cover tuition and most of my accommodation. You don't have much left to go now. What are you doing right now? Working or anything? I don't think I'll bother with a car. Only in she coming home with me :tongue: lol

Working 2 days, studying 3 but only 3 exams to go :biggrin: How's the old folks home? I really hope I won't need a car :s-smilie: would much prefer it if I can just stay in Leeds for everything! Will mean much more moneyz left over too! Haha, or at least, if you think she's going home with you... Think everyone on TSR will be looking out for you! :wink:
Reply 1592
Working 2 days, studying 3 but only 3 exams to go :biggrin: How's the old folks home? I really hope I won't need a car :s-smilie: would much prefer it if I can just stay in Leeds for everything! Will mean much more moneyz left over too! Haha, or at least, if you think she's going home with you... Think everyone on TSR will be looking out for you! :wink:

so you're in college or...i worked in a nursings today but it's all good :biggrin:, lol. I can read people well :tongue: she gets the first drink free. If they're decent looking, sure!
Access course but nearly done now :smile: can't all have the luxury of gap years :wink: ha, fair enough, thats a useful skill - you can help me out with that one I think, avoid the weird ones :tongue: haha, not that you're shallow or anything :wink:
Reply 1594
Access course but nearly done now :smile: can't all have the luxury of gap years :wink: ha, fair enough, thats a useful skill - you can help me out with that one I think, avoid the weird ones :tongue: haha, not that you're shallow or anything :wink:

Oh right, i guess not. Haha the weird ones are usually hard to tell but i tend to attract them lol. :lol: spent too much of my life being nice i just wanna have fun and get drunk now
Reply 1595
Original post by Medpotter
Might apply for devonshire self catered :P Anyone know if the self catered buildings (Grosvenor Blocks A, B, C and D, North Lawn and the Orchards) are like the Hogwarts style catered buildings like old hall? Also how many people share a flat (EDIT my bad 3-5, dosnt seem like very many :P) and is it a very sociable hall? :smile:

Anyone know if the self catered buildings (Grosvenor Blocks A, B, C and D, North Lawn and the Orchards) are like the Hogwarts style catered buildings like old hall?

Nope

Also how many people share a flat

up to 6

is it a very sociable hall?

yeah and it's not posh at all... That whole posh thing theory is made up by some morons which didn't manage to get place here...
lol!
i'm gonna be doing dentistry, can't wait! :biggrin:

some people who have lived at charles morris have said they've loved it and social life has been great.
i guess you hear more about james b and tannery (popular with dentists and medics) because it's been around longer and there are more opinions to be heard, whereas charles morris and particularly storm jameson is newer.
i think the social life aspect will be how you make it and who you're with. :smile:

I guess so!
im really torn now...being an international ill have the chance to be in the accomodation all the time (all 5/6 years) but want to make sure
my first year will be awesome!
seriously torn! :P
see you there!
Reply 1597
Original post by accomoffice
And there still is.

I'll usually only chip in if nobody else can answer a question or if someone says something that isn't right. :smile:

But you're absolutely correct about allocations. It's not first come first served; when we allocate the unconditional students, we set aside a proportion of all the accommodation (so if 25% of people are unconditional, we allocate 25% of the places at Dev, 25% at Bodington etc etc, leaving the remaining 75% for the 75% of people who are waiting for results). So everyone should have the same chance - if you don't get the place you want, it will usually be because too many other people want it as well.

Feel free to ask questions, anyone.

Hi I am an IB student and get my results on the 6th of July, when would I hear about which accommodation I'd been allocated, given that I got my offer?
Reply 1598

Thanks, should have checked that.

How's everyone's lives going? Haven't been on here much since I got a job! :biggrin:
Original post by sloaka
Hi I am an IB student and get my results on the 6th of July, when would I hear about which accommodation I'd been allocated, given that I got my offer?

I think (and i'm not 100% sure on this) that the University don't get IB results automatically (in the way that happens with A levels, for example). Have you been told that you should notify the university? If not, let me check with Admissions tomorrow then I can give you a definite answer.

Latest