The Student Room Group

Mature student - Paramedic Course

Hi,

I'm looking to start a Paramedical Course in the next couple of years. I was just wondering if there are any mature students who have already done or are doing this?

I'm intending to do an access course as I havent got sufficient A-levels to get into uni and am looking to go to Oxford Brookes or Herts (nearest two universitys). Does anyone know what funding I'd be likely to receive? I live with my partner so rent/bills/car would still need to be paid for. I would obviously get a part time job to help with some costs but I was just wondering if anyone knew of exactly what I'd be entitled to

Any help / advice would be much appreciated
Original post by dobedoodoo
Hi,

I'm looking to start a Paramedical Course in the next couple of years. I was just wondering if there are any mature students who have already done or are doing this?

I'm intending to do an access course as I havent got sufficient A-levels to get into uni and am looking to go to Oxford Brookes or Herts (nearest two universitys). Does anyone know what funding I'd be likely to receive? I live with my partner so rent/bills/car would still need to be paid for. I would obviously get a part time job to help with some costs but I was just wondering if anyone knew of exactly what I'd be entitled to

Any help / advice would be much appreciated

I am applying this year and will (technically) be a mature student when I start as I'll be 21.

In regards to funding Herts isn't currently a funded course so you would have to get a student loan and from what I can tell Oxford Brookes is the same. With Herts you should have the opportunity to work for the ambulance service from year two on the FdSc program or in year 3 on the BSc program. You would find it very very hard to manage a part time job whilst doing a paramedic course however some people do manage it.

Quick Reply

Latest