The Student Room Group

March 10th 2011 *results day* gcse!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stargirl16
thank you
i didnt manage to sleep properly. is pent most of the night tossing and turning thinking about it. but now i have got my results and are happy with them. although my parents could show a bit more enthusiasm tbh.
hope you've done well!!!

Aww! I had too much homework due for today to be worried about, to be honest lol so I didn't have the brain space to worry. :smile: Haha, my parents were kind of enthusiastic; I think they were as tired as I am! XD
Yeah, I did well in most of them, one shock to the system but it's still a good grade lol. :smile:
Reply 121
Good results here and to the people that havent dont worry retake it. Tbh the Physics was messed...:frown:.
Reply 122
Anything above 15/120 in my summer Physics paper and I will get an A at A-level.
That's a good feeling.

i was wondering if anyone could help me i have a bit of a dilemma. i dont know whether to resit my bly1h aqa again i really want an a* but i got a high a 87 ums. what should i do as i dont have long to decide??????????

Depends on what you've got in Unit 2. Have you taken that as well?
Triple Science OCR 21st Century:

Biology Unit 1: B :frown:

Physics Unit 1: B :frown:

Biology Unit 2: A :smile:

Re-taking the B's :smile: I did SO bad in History and Geography :|
Original post by Miss Anonymous
Depends on what you've got in Unit 2. Have you taken that as well?

no not yet i will be doing that in the summer exams but i have done my final isa which is approx a* cos my teacher said she cant be sure exactly of the grade boundaries but going off last years grades that what she thinks it will be.
Everybody's been getting a*s, the grade boundaries should've been higher :P
Reply 127
Wowieee everyones done great :biggrin:
Reply 128
I'm kind of confused. We did an Edexcel GCSE ICT unit one: tools and applications paper on January 2011 and our whole school year failed with only 5 people passing, me being one of them. I got a C and the other 4 got Cs and one B, the B being the highest in the year. No one else got above a C and the majority of the years got Gs and Us.

Now, I was predicted an A and so were a lot of other people I know that got extremely bad. I'm also pretty sure I did MOST of the exam paper correct as I found it terribly easy. I had looked over and over at mark schemes and I can't see where I could have just lost 40 marks.

What gives? Did everyone just end up going about it wrong? I don't see how this could have happened...

Oh, also, it's Applied ICT.
(edited 13 years ago)
D in C1.

Doesn't bode well for C2...
A2 student here :smile:
m2: 87/100
Chemistry: 118/120
Happy! :biggrin:
Reply 131
WOOP WOOP congrats people
everyone done quite well. seeing so many A*'s and A's

done OCR gateway separate science
Biology- A*
Chemistry- A
Physics- A

done Edexcel History Nazi Germany and Cold war
Cold war- A
Nazi Germany- A*

:smile:
i seriously think the grade boundaries were quite low O.o i'm sure i done so **** in physics especially some question where you had to draw the reflected ray or something lol my lines just emitted from random places HAHA! nevertheless still pleased ^_^
English Lit: b :frown:
Chemistry: a* (full marks, hooray)
Physics: a*

Demanded Asked for a resit in English Lit

(These aren't my final marks, BTW)
year 11... exactly the same mark in a resit I didn't want to take in the first place. :P
Reply 134
Triple D :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
A* in OCR Maths GCSE
A* (100%) in OCR English Lit Death of a Salesman paper.

Very relieved :h:
Reply 136
Anyone?
Reply 137
Damn so many A*s :s:s:s
Gutted about my german writing results. Was predicted 100% by teacher but only got an A. Hopefully i had a dodgy marker so i can get a re mark!

On the other hand did well in geography edexcel unit 3 A*
Got My science results back :smile:

100 UMS in all; Chemistry Physics and Biology

Very pleased :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest