The Student Room Group

March 10th 2011 *results day* gcse!

Scroll to see replies

How do they actually scale the marks, I got 100% UMS in my science exam yet know that there were atleast 2 questions that I definatly got wrong.
Reply 141
Well we got our results for the first module (C1,2,3;B1,2,3;P1,2,3), and I got A Chemistry, A Physics and B Biology.

Anyone else?
Reply 142
I did ****e in History
Ok in others
Ah are you in year 10? I recieved my results for C4,5 and 6 B4,5 and 6 and P4,5 and 6. You did well there :smile: Are you considering retakes?
I remember it was really tough to get an A* when I sat my GCSEs
I got A in Geography, 82/100.

=D
I remember some of you from the after exam discussions :smile: I got bio: 100, Chem: 98 and physics: 83 which I'm happy with considering lack of revision for Chem and physics. Just need 60+ in b3 and c3 and 90+ for p3 now! I hate exams. Shame about physics grade boundaries being so high this time, what's that about?! Haha, oh well
Reply 147
so many ppl got 100% ffs
First Year college-goer here :biggrin:

A in PY1 Psychology, 64/80 :awesome:
Reply 149
Bio 1: C
Chem 1: A
Maths C1: B
Economics 1: B
Original post by stargirl16

Original post by stargirl16
no not yet i will be doing that in the summer exams but i have done my final isa which is approx a* cos my teacher said she cant be sure exactly of the grade boundaries but going off last years grades that what she thinks it will be.

How is Unit 2 going? do you find it easy?
My friend got something like 85UMS on Unit1 but got 100UMS on Unit2.. which makes the average an A*
So if you think B2 is going to go well, you don't need to retake to get an A*
It's your decision though :smile:
Reply 151
C2 & C3 I got A*. B3 I got an A and my overall Biology grade was A (331 points! :biggrin:). I'm happy, it's what I was expecting, I've never felt so confident coming out of an exam before! :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
I got A* in B1,C1,P1
hopefully get that next unit :smile:
Reply 153
Original post by recurring500
Since I'm in year ten I only did one exam, an OCR Science paper (Unit 2, B2 C2 P2). Like you I'm predicted an A* for GCSE Science and so I'd be pretty disappointed if I didn't get one.

Have you done OCR Unit 2? If so what did you get?

Good luck with your results :smile:

heyy!
i'm in year ten too, i did B1C1P1, B2C2P2, B3B4B5, B4B5B6 and P1P2P3. I got full marks on the first three and 46/50 on the last two! I'm so happy! I did B1B2B3 and C1C2C3 last year and i got an A on the biology and full marks A* on the chemistry. I'm doing triple science.

How did you do? :smile:
Original post by Miss Anonymous
How is Unit 2 going? do you find it easy?
My friend got something like 85UMS on Unit1 but got 100UMS on Unit2.. which makes the average an A*
So if you think B2 is going to go well, you don't need to retake to get an A*
It's your decision though :smile:

I really dont know. errmmm on my b2 mock i got an a so i reckon i could do better with proper revison.
As this title says GCSE I'll post my Y10 GCSE Result. Only took one exam in Jan.

C in Foundation Maths Module 1 (C-G). I'm happy with that.
Reply 156
21 Century science c4-c6 and B4-b6
A* in chemistry.... 50/50, i thought i was gonna fail, but have alsways been a natural
A in biology... thought i was gonna get full marks.... never felt so confident, a real shock btw
Reply 157
OCR History Paper 2: A
WJEC C1 Resit : A
WJEC P1 Resit: A

Very happy with Chemistry and Physics, I got a D and C in them last year. Overall A now.

I was hoping for an A* in History. I haven't got back my coursework yet, so I'm not sure whether to resit. Paper 1 is worth 45% though, so if I can do well in that then it's $$$ for me.
Reply 158
Original post by the don
21 Century science c4-c6 and B4-b6
A* in chemistry.... 50/50, i thought i was gonna fail, but have alsways been a natural
A in biology... thought i was gonna get full marks.... never felt so confident, a real shock btw

Can anyone explan to me how they work these out as i thought i got a D, no lie..
and i thought i was gonna get full marks in bio, had 10 mins to count my marks
Reply 159
Original post by CTRSohcan
OCR History Paper 2: A
WJEC C1 Resit : A
WJEC P1 Resit: A

Very happy with Chemistry and Physics, I got a D and C in them last year. Overall A now.

I was hoping for an A* in History. I haven't got back my coursework yet, so I'm not sure whether to resit. Paper 1 is worth 45% though, so if I can do well in that then it's $$$ for me.

I got an E in my history paper 2 mock, partly beasue i didnt revise and made up bulls**t in the mock, but in the ac 1 i got an A with minimal revision. Trust, if you retake it, you will get an A*

Quick Reply

Latest